Chapter 30: Trapped

Chapter written by: LillaSmolBean
~~~~~~~~
It was the next day in Ninjago city. Bright and early, enjoying today's morning breeze, Garmadon stood triumphantly on the edge of the rooftop. His eyes were shut, what was remarkable was the ambitious smile on his lips as he fell into his inner thoughts. What happened yesterday all went according to plan. The main threat to his reign was finally crushed and under his thumb as well. It pleased the man to see the resistance against him so weak. Not to mention, the presumable backup they earned. Right, the four other ninjas and his brother. They arrived right on cue, did they plan all this? Garmadon doesn't remember ever seeing them when he stayed on the bounty all those weeks ago. Besides, when Lloyd was sent undercover, he didn't report ever seeing those four walker of shadows anywhere on site. Ever.

If they were able arrive to a dire situation like that one, the dark lord could only come up with a few possibilities. Were the resistance purposely hiding them for when the time calls for it? Garmadon couldn't imagine the patience they had to endure, especially the blue-coded one, if he remembered correctly, he was the 'more talk, less action' type of motormouth. Another conflict popped up in the man's mind: Why did his brother look so young? Like a child? Surely he wasn't fed some permanent age-o-matic sort of tea. What was that woman's name? Mistaké? Yes, he remembers now. That's the woman that was always crazy with her pots and remedies. It has been awhile since Garmadon has tried one of her teas, he honestly can't remember how they tasted like. Why should he care in the first place? He doesn't need tea for guaranteed power.

The man exhaled, inhaling a new wave of air as footsteps were heard from behind him. He opened a single eye as he recognized who has just arrived, he didn't even need to turn around to take a valid guess. "Right on time." His voice was calm this fine morning. The footsteps stopped as rustling of a document was heard instead. The blonde haired boy flipped through the pages of a 3-paged report in confusion. When he was done analyzing the words, that were pretty much meaningless for Garmadon since he was aware of all the contents written down on them, he lifted his head from the pages and faced his father. "Father, I don't understand why you summoned me so early in the morning? It's just sunrise." The green ninja mentioned, his eyes directing to the orange aura blending into the daytime skies. Garmadon chuckled.

"My boy. Have you read the report?" He inquired, turning around and placed a pair of his arms on his shoulder. The man's bloodshot eyes looked down on the document his son had in his hands. He noticed that he held them rather firmly. "Im sorry, forgive me but I don't understand why exactly you want us to go capture some citizens from Ninjago city." The boy handed the describe back to the emperor of Ninjago city. Garmadon gladly took them back, even tempted to throw them off the rooftop, "Don't. You don't want the citizens being aware of our plans, right?" that temptation was snapped by Lloyd. The man sighed and placed the papers back on his throne. "I suppose you're right. I don't like foiled plans after all. But to answer your bewilderment, having the resistance as our only guinea pigs won't satisfy us long enough, right son?" He shot a question back at the blonde standing behind him.

Lloyd shrugged, he honestly didn't care for others other than his father and unwillingly under his father's authority, that white haired girl. Having lost his memories, his senses and desires to protect this ruined city have faded away along with his status as green ninja. "I thought you only cared about the resistance. So why have the need to capture petty villagers?" The blonde boy didn't show understanding for the current idea he was ordered to follow. Garmadon chuckled once more and patted him on the back. "My boy, you don't quite understand the concept huh? The people in Ninjago dislike who's currently in power at the moment. That being me, there should be secret resistances formed in the city against me. We wouldn't want them making any secret moves right?" He grinned as foul ideas traveled his mind.