Chapter 48: Lloyd's storytime

Chapter by: LillaSmolBean
~~~~~~~
Pressed up against the cork board was a sheet of paper, addressing all of the side quests the resistance has been through all over the city. The last box at the very bottom was X-ed out. The water ninja, "Ok! That's the mysterious disappearance of Lloyd Garmadon part 2 checked out." declared to the members sitting on the couches situated at the centre of the room. The green ninja was reading through the list on the wall, he was beside Nya. "Yeah, I apologize for that. I'll try not to disappear often anymore." The blonde let out a small chuckle as he rubbed the back of his head nervously. All ten eyes gleaming at him. A chuckle was heard, "Well you better fulfill that promise, you miss quite a lot when you go missing." from the orange-coded general.
There was a bit of silence between Killow and Lloyd. Did he hear that right?

"What? Do you mean you guys do things without me?" He mockingly pouted. Of course, he wasn't actually serious. He was happy for his friends that they managed to bond and get along with one another despite him not being able to join in the fun himself. "Not particularly, we just want to spend more time with you." Ultra Violet clapped her hands, a cheerful smile spread across her fang-wise teeth. Lloyd chuckled in response to that. "Alright, just for the team. I'll be on high alert next time." He assured them. However, keep in mind that wasn't a promise made from the green ninja. Yet, he couldn't really gamble his luck in these kind of situations. Ultra Violet, Killow, Nya, Harumi and when the robot in the room gave relieved looks. "That's settled then, we won't be losing the green ninja anytime soon." Killow cheered.

It was the middle of the afternoon, the skies tilting to a more starry presentation. But no one was in the mood to go to bed just yet. It was if today was never truly ending. Ever since they found Lloyd, it was like everyone wanted to spend extra time with him, yelling him the tales of the Resistance and ask him about his misfortunate tales by Borg tower. The water ninja reserved this small room for the meantime, Lloyd did say he had some stories to tell everyone. Lloyd hummed to himself, he still remembered the initial reaction of the ninjas upon seeing him return from the clutches of Garmadon. All five of them were quite happy to see him. When the silence was finally replaced with the sound of a voice, "Then start." Nya prompted him with sparkling eyes.
Lloyd found himself being confused for a second. "Sorry?" He muttered.
~~~~~~~~~
"You know what exactly what we mean. Come on, tell us what happened that day." Nya replied, sitting on the desk's chair. Harumi, Mr. E, Killow and Ultra Violet all out on attentive looks on their face. They were quite curious themselves on what had happened to Lloyd. Hopefully nothing too bad that'll trigger their desire to beat Garmadon twice as much. The green ninja gathered his words, staring at his small audience in the room. "Well see, you guys all remember it all started when I had the hiccups that day." He started off.
Harumi nodded at his mention, even adding one of her own. "Right! We were all eating outside. I told you to not eat too quickly or else you'll get hiccups."

Lloyd chuckled. "Sorry Rumi.." he replied promptly with an apology. After all, he always did kind of feel like it was needed at some point. "But I'm sure you guys remember what happened all too very well afterwards." He lifted a brow at all of them. Killow and Harumi glanced at eachother, a sly smile on their lips. They oh so desperately tried to hide it to no avail, much to Lloyd's jokingly annoyance. "We tried to scare you of course. Since it's one of the methods used to make hiccups go away." Killow raised his hands in a shrugging posture. Lloyd paced around the room a little, slightly fatigued to just be standing there. Since they would be here for awhile, he didn't want to seem dull and inanimated for the people willing to listen to his testimony.

"How did you even know that I was afraid of clowns?" He inquired, mostly glancing over at Nya. She was the one in the room that he knew for the longest. Surely, she was very much capable of knowing the answer to that. What he received for an answer was close enough to what he expected from the raven haired girl. Nya shrugged, an amused smile on her lips. "You truthfully cannot be serious. Come on, we pretty much lived in the monastery and temporarily the bounty, for countless of times. I'm very well aware that you, Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon, is afraid of clowns." Nya proclaimed. Harumi continued at the story from her point of view since Lloyd couldn't really say anything at the moment. "When Nya told us you were afraid of clowns, we may or may not have conducted a plan." She smiled grimly.