Chapter 124: A letter from me to you

Chapter by: LillaSmolBean
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Under a brimming sun, it's been twenty minutes since they last took a break. They wouldn't have taken any breaks at all, if Master Wu hadn't ended up coming along. Lloyd and Garmadon ended up going ahead, they only made it past the forest when the others joined them. Now, it was the ninja, Alt. Ninja, pups and Garmadon arriving at the gates of a tranquil and sweet little village.

"I feel like we've been here before," said Nya as she gestured all of them to come inside. Well, she had anyways. A while ago, she arrived here to fulfill a mission of hers. Now that she enters it, she sees that it hasn't changed in one bit.
Rice fields were still there and even bicycle chalet was the most popular thing going on.

Rivers to gather water for households and to water the plants. A tidy little village if one would admit. As for little Cloud, she manages to detect a track of sweet bread and half-cooked rice rolled in the petals of fresh flowers. A secret recipe that people in this village would never share to the city folk of Ninjago. The culture here in this village was important and sacred, it shall not be taken advantage of.

The group ended up reaching a certain house in the distance. It was against two other houses of the same size. No one was sure why they had wandered off this far but here they were, the green ninja hesitantly reaching his hand over to knock on the door. He frowned, unsure whether the residents here were people that could help him find who they were looking for.

The front door opens, the ninjas along with their allies all stepped back as who had answered the door was someone they weren't expecting at all. A black-haired man with a perplexed but aggressive expression on his face.

"Acronix!What are you doing here?!" Lloyd gasped, readying his hand to his sword sheath, if Acronix was here, they'd all be in big trouble.

Holding onto the door, "I could ask the same for you, ninja. What are you doing here?" He held back on starting a fight with them. He didn't want to start one, not here in this peaceful village.

The green ninja and time master fought in silence instead, they growled and glared each other in the eye, not remembering the past battle they hadn't finished.

Kai sighs and decides to step in before things get worse.

"Look, we don't mean any harm. We were just looking for directions to find someone named Harumi." He explained themselves, all of them. It could be pretty overwhelming to have a whole bandwagon of enemies showing up at their enemy's doors for some help. Kai knows the feeling.

However, as if brushing them away and refuses to hear them out, Acronix makes his way to close the door.

"Harumi? Don't know her." He replied quietly. The door was close to closing, the ninjas could see the uncertainty in his masked eyes. His plan was almost too perfect, if it wasn't foiled with the voice of a little girl throughout the hallways.

"Who's at the door, uncle?" A silky-haired resident wondered, coming to the front of the door, curious to see who were the visitors on this fine afternoon. Her eyes glowed a shade of green that Lloyd and Kai found all too familiar, her pale lips pursued to take in a breath of air.

They knew her, the girl clothed in robes and light makeup.

"Harumi!" The gang all questioned at once', "He's your uncle?"

Harumi nods, unfortunately—if this had been in Lloyd's perspective. He sighs, half-relieved that Acronix doesn't seem to be the complete bad guy he thought he was.

Acronix on the other hand, confused as to see how his dear niece was acquainted with his enemies, questioned her as well. "How do you know these ninja?" He asks.