Chapter 42: No, I'm not kididng

Chapter by: LillaSmolBean
~~~~~~~~~~
With opened arms as if he was an actor performing in a play, Garmadon smiled triumphal that his beloved son recognized him from among the shadows. "You are certainly correct, my boy." He confirmed his guess. The green ninja felt discomfort build inside of him as the dark oni lord only seemed to approach him. He was certainly far too weak to stand his ground at the moment, the blonde couldn't do much to affect his father's approach. He couldn't exactly say he was ungrateful to have him back in his field of vision and mind, that was because there were still unanswered questions that he'd been longing the responses for.

"Why are you talking to me like that?" He slit his eyes at his father's sweet-like tone. He didn't like this at all, not one bit. Why did the man suddenly feel like there wasn't a building tension between them? Garmadon presumingly hates him since he's the enemy thus Lloyd hates him just as much- alas, that's what he thought. Lately, he couldn't get his father out of his mind, why was that? He couldn't exactly say he missed him and their fun times together. Or maybe that was what made the boy feel so uneasy from time to time? The man sat down beside him on the mattress of his green room. "Is it wrong to speak to my son with kindness? Now, answer my question." He narrowed his eyes. His blood-coloured eyes pierced through his soul.

"What question?" Lloyd stalled for time. He wasn't stupid, he heard his father pronounce an interrogative phrase when he first came in. The bigger question he should occupy himself with is how to escape this place? First off, what even was this room? Was it his? Or maybe the walls' colour gave it away? Garmadon only stared down on his boy, an unamused look on his face. He had all the authority to assault him but figured that would only motivate Lloyd to hate him even more. He gently refrained himself from summoning his dark aura. "Lloyd, how did you fell off the bounty?" He asked once more, making sure his voice was clear as crystal. Oh this moment felt so close to home. It reminded the blonde on those days that his father would there just to listen or comfort him when on those days, he felt so pathetic.

Lloyd shivered before giving in and admitting why he was found on the ground that night. "Clowns...everywhere. They terrified me." He crossed his arms, his mind still trying to piece up on who would have the lousy idea to scare him like that. Surely the resistance wouldn't be that reckless to attempt killing him right? Garmadon nodded at his confession, pretty odd he thought mentally.
"Yes, I never forgot about your fear for clowns." He nodded. The green ninja chuckled lightly, relieving memories on when he was much younger. "You can't blame me, can you? They truly are horrific." He added to that. There was a slight silence before Lloyd realized he was actually having a proper conversation with his father. Panic swelled up inside of him a he scooted away from him.

"I still won't forgive you nor your lies. So don't think you can re-enter my life so easily for the sake of old times. I have a new family now and they treat me way more better than you can ever do." He sulked, his mind calming down from his secure world of happiness. There wasn't such happiness when he was around Garmadon, ever. However due to his flurry of emotions, Lloyd couldn't take the time to realize the look Garmadon had on his face. It was one of utter concern. "My son, I care about you. Really. Are you still upset over the teapot?" He obviously referred to the tea of truth being used on him. Lloyd shook his head at that. He placed his hands over his ears, blocking out the lies, all the lies. "Stop it! I'm so sick of all of your lies, fath- Garmadon!" He nearly had a slip-up there, thankfully, he caught himself. Garmadon raised two of his arms innocently. "Lies? Lloyd, I truly mean it. You are my loving son, I really do want to protect you from FSM knows what. You've got to understand that."

He tried to move away from his father but due to the unnecessary IV machines keeping him in place, he could only move two more inches away form him. Move anymore and the tubes bandaged up on his arms will painfully rip off from his skin. "I want to understand that, I really want to. But I don't want to get stabbed in the back once more." A metaphor rolling off the green ninja's tongue. Garmadon shook his head. "You know I just want to protect you." He tried, only receiving a head shake from his son. He clearly didn't believe a word being spoken from his father. "Even if that meant the dark side control you and your actions? You've practically abused me! Oh no, not only me, everyone you're acquainted with!" He reminded, venom spilling on his words.