Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

"I can still do that, sans the drinking," I gestured to the sign. It was stupid to have to tell certain groups of people not to drink, but tonight I was thankful for it.

Miche followed my gestures and squinted as she tried to make out what the sign said. "Normani can you even read that from here?"

"No but I know what it says. Alcohol will not be served to anyone under the age of 21. And we reserve the right not to serve the following groups of people."

"Yeah but we're all 21, and you definitely aren't pregnant. Imagine Mani not drinking for nine months."

"She'll have several selections of alcohol and just inhale the scent of whichever one."

"This rum has a very robust bouquet don't you think little one?"

I rolled my eyes. "I can go nine months without drinking assholes. And it's longer actually if you choose to breast feed."

They both stopped laughing, and if I wasn't so nervous, I probably would have laughed at the looks on their faces.

"Okay back the fuck up, are you serious? Are you... are we having a mini Mani? We're going to be aunties?"

"Are you pregnant."

I smiled, "three pregnancy tests say I am."

"Wait is this a good thing?"

"Yes it is."

"We're having a baby!" Miche and Choie enveloped me in a hug. "Okay dammit I gotta work my ass off so I can be the fun auntie. Fuck how did this happen? Well I know how it happened, but like, are you sure you're good?"

"It's been a stressful year months, and I guess we weren't always as careful as we thought. He doesn't know yet, but I will tell him as soon as I get home."

"Listen Mani we've got you okay? Whenever I'm not on tour, mini Mani will sleep in my arms. And I am absolutely going to spoil the fuck out of my niece/nephew."

I smiled, "you guys don't think I'm crazy right? I mean I barely just turned 21 and I'm not even done with college yet. This is crazy."

"It is, but when has any of us ever done what's expected of us. Are you going to tell Mama? She might be shocked and a little mad, but she wants grand babies more than anything."

"I know, I'll tell her after I hit 12 weeks. I told you guys because you were going to figure it out sooner or later. And I have to tell Eli because he's the dad."

"Our lips are sealed."

"Okay, are we going to actually do some Karaoke?"

"I already signed us up for later on, but I need a lot of alcohol in me before we go up there."

A scrub is a guy that thinks he's fly
And is also known as a buster
Always talkin' about what he wants
And just sits on his broke ass
So, no

So no, I don't want your number (Uh, uh)
No, I don't want to give you mine and
No, I don't want to meet you nowhere (No, no)
No, I don't want none of your time and (Uh)

I started dancing. In another life, I would have become a performer. But for now, I was content with messing around in a random bar with my friends.

I don't want no scrub
A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me
Hanging out the passenger side
Of his best friend's ride
Trying to holler at me
I don't want no scrub
A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me
Hanging out the passenger side
Of his best friend's ride
Trying to holler at me