"Here, when I called my boss," I replied while searching below the couch.

"What are you guys doing?" We heard Xander ask, staring at us weirdly.

"I lost my phone." I pout.

"Did you try calling it?" We three freeze. Damn it. 

Xander chuckled. "Of course, you didn't. Let me do the honors." He pulls out his phone and called my number.

We heard it ring. "Found it," Eva said, pulling out my phone from the book shelve. She smiled, passing it to me but paused when her eyes fell on the screen. Her eyebrows furrowed before they shot up. She stared at me and then at the screen. "What is it?" Emerald asked watching at the screen over her shoulder.

I was confused for a moment, but then it hit me. Shit!

My widen eyes met their amused ones as they burst out laughing. 

I pounce on them, snatching my phone away. "Oh, my god," Eva said between her laughs. "That was hilarious." Emerald finishes for her cousin.

"What was?" Xander asks, standing behind me. I bite my lips, slowly shaking my head at them, hoping they won't snitch on me.

"Nothing." Em laughed. "And you, my girl." She points her finger at me. "I love you." She said, patting my back while leaving the room. "True that." Eva followed her sister out, laughing.

"What was that?" Xander asked me. I shrug, replying. "I have no idea."

"I don't believe you." He counters. 

"You shouldn't." I agreed.

~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~

Later that evening, it started raining like crazy. Thank god, Xander offered to drop me home, otherwise, it would have taken me another life to find a taxi. 

We thankfully made it to my house without killing anyone or dying ourselves in a car crash, but we did get a little wet. 

I opened the door to my apartment door only to find Trish and Dick sucking off their faces, with half of their clothes on the floor. "Shit-" I shut the door and pushed Xander back before he could have a chance to enter. 

I might have applied more force than I intended to and caught Xander off guard because the next thing we knew was Xander flying back with a horrified expression on his face while letting out a girly scream. 

I freeze. 

My eyes and mouth open wide in shock, seeing him sprawled across the hall.

Fuck.

Hearing the commotion, a few of the neighbors, along with Dick and Trish, came out. Trish's face pales, seeing her boss in this state. 

Still, she was faster in action while Dick and I stood there in the state of shock. 

"ALEX, RICK!" Trish yelled, causing us to recover from our trance and help her. I apologized to the neighbors while Dick and Trish helped him get inside without anyone noticing who he was.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Xander growled once inside my apartment. He settles on my couch, holding his swollen sprained ankle. 

As much as I wanted to laugh at the memory of him sprawled across the floor that keeps flashing in my mind, I controlled the urge and apologized for my behavior. "I am so sorry. I didn't mean to push you that hard. I saw them sucking faces-" I saw the blush that crept on Trish and Dick's face and stopped explaining further. "Anyway. I am really, really sorry." I apologized, genuinely feeling guilty.