"Ok, my turn." Aubree's daughter from the passenger seat grins at me. "Hi, I am Evangeline, Xander's little sister. Everyone calls me Eva, and I am so excited to finally meet you," She squeals, her eyes were sparkling like stars. She made my heart skips a beat with her beautiful face and that cute smile.

"Hello, I am-." She cuts me off. "Alex, I know. We all know." She nods, repeatedly, staring at me gleefully. I cannot help but giggle at her glossy puppy eyes. "You are really cute." Slipped out of my mouth. She blushed at my compliment and winced at the same time.

"Are you ok?" I asked at her scrunched face. "Yes." She nods, smiling weakly. "Period pain." Aubree piped in, looking at her daughter in sympathy.

"Oh...wait, I might have something that will cheer you up," I said, searching inside my purse. "Aha, here." I passed the chocolate bar to her.

She stared me with grateful gleaming eyes. "You are an angel. I was really craving for this." She took the bar and unwrapped it. She breathes out in satisfaction after taking a bite. "Thank you." I chuckle in response.

.

.

"And welcome to our humble home," Aubree says, smiling when we entered the mansion. I looked around at the large, decorated living space in awe. It was really beautiful.

"This is incredibly gorgeous, Mrs-" She cut me off by coughing and narrowed her eyes at me. "I mean Aubree," She smiled at my correction.

"Isn't it? I decorated it myself." She announced proudly.

"Really? Have you tried doing this as a profession? We might have an opening in our company." I joked as my eyes scan the place. She laughs, patting my shoulder. "That's a tempting offer." She joked back.

"What's tempting, shortcake?" We heard a voice in front of us. I looked up to see the senior Crawford coming down the stairs with a soft smile on his face. My heart skips a beat seeing him.

Wow, does everyone in this family look like a fucking runway model?

Even in his sixties, Nolan Crawford looks drop-dead gorgeous with alluring eyes very similar to an asshole I had the misfortune to meet.

"Nothing you should know about." Aubree sticks her tongue out. He raises an eyebrow at her, but the smile never left his lips. He slips his hand on her waist and bends down to peck her lips. I had to bite my inner cheek to push down the urge to scream 'aww'.

His eyes settle on me. "And who do we have here?" He asks.

Before I can open my mouth, Aubree beat me to it and clapped her hands excitedly. "Oh, this is Alex, Alexis Cooper. I told you about her last night, remember?"

Mr. Crawford's eyebrows furrowed and then cocked up in recognition. "Oh, right." He held his hand out for me, smiling. "Nice to finally meet you, Alex. I've heard a lot about you."

"I-It's my pleasure, sir," I shuttered, placing my hands in his smiling brightly. My face feels hot, and I know I am blushing. Trust me, that's a rare occurrence.

"Ok, can we eat now? I am starving." Aubree moaned. "When are you not?" Daphnee whispers loudly enough for everyone to hear.

Ignoring Daphnee, Aubree loops her arms in mine. "Let's go." She says, dragging me towards the dining hall.

"Slow down, shortcake, you will trip." Mr. Crawford's worried voice was heard from behind. "Yeah, yeah." Was her prompt reply.

We were about to sit when I got a call from Xander. Jesus, I completely forgot about him. I picked it up carefully, hiding the caller's name from his family. "Hey,"