"Ah, my sons. I'm happy to know you're all safe." Master Splinter says. We bow to greet him. He does the same a little bit and opens a smile. "Now, I believe I shall leave you. After all, you do have some catching up to do." He says and exits the room. I frown and head to the lab. Could it be?

"You sure you're okay?" I hear April say. And...

"I dunno. Never been in coma before. And I sure don't wanna do that again." A second voice. My heart almost stops as soon as I hear it. I enter the lab after a brief stop and soon enough my eyes meet with the (e/c) ones I missed so much.

"Y-Y/n?" I ask, almost not believing my eyes. But there she is. Awake at last.

"Hey, Fearless. Hope I didn't bother you that much for sleeping over." She says as she smiles. Oh, how I missed her smile. I can't and don't hold myself back as I walk up to her and hug her tightly but also carefully not to hurt her. My heart beats even faster as she hugs me back, and I even blush a little. "I missed you so much, Y/n." She chuckles. "I missed you too, Leo."

Timeskip

Your POV

Everyone's been so much supportive ever since you woke up, which was already around three months ago. Mikey would keep you entertained, Raph would make sure you're still sane in the weirdest and most annoying way, Donnie would do daily check-ups on you and even some physiotherapy exercises so you'd heal faster. He also got you a crutch so you could walk around and not have to stay cooped up in the lab. April would come and take you out somewhere in the lair for some girl time, Casey would do his casual and completely old-like teasing and joking around, Master Splinter would make you teas and other hot beverages, mainly (y/f/h/b), so you felt better, and Leo would be there with you through it all. In fact, if you didn't know him better, you'd say he even gets jealous when Casey gets on flirting mode with you. But anyway, he's been pretty protective, way more than usual. You wonder why. Sure, you don't mind the attention, but he doesn't tell you why he's doing that. You guess you'll just ask him.

With that in mind, you go to the dojo only to see him meditating. But instead of just keep meditating, he instantly opens his eyes and turns to you. "Oh. Hey, Y/n. How are you feeling?"

"Hey, Leo. I'm good, thanks. Anyways, uh... Sorry to interrupt, but I came here 'cause I wanna ask you something."

"What is it?" He asks as he gets up and walks up to me. You take a deep breath and speak up. "Why have you been so protective over me, Leo? I mean, I-I don't mind, it's just... A little weird. Before I got into the coma, you never acted like that. But once I woke up, you've been pretty... Overprotective. I was just wondering why."

He stares at you with wide eyes before letting out a sigh and turn back to you. "Close your eyes."

"What for?"

"Just do it." You shrug and close your eyes. Suddenly, you feel yourself being pulled into a tight hug. Your eyes widen only to see Leo's shell, and your cheeks also burn a bit. You've had a crush on him for a good time, so his sudden behavior surprised you. "L-Leo...?" You ask hesitantly. His grasp on you got tighter. "W-What's wrong? Was it something I said?"

"No. Of course not, Y/n. It's just... I guess I'm still afraid of losing you."

"What do you--"

"Back when you got into coma, I thought I might never see you again. That thought alone made me not sleep at all. I was just so afraid you'd die and I wouldn't be able to do anything but watch. You scared me, Y/n. A lot. And it's not your fault. It's mine. If I was there with you, you wouldn't be hurt in the first place, much less gotten into the coma. I'm sorry. And I understand if you don't forgive me for failing you like that."

You frown and pull back in order to stare at him right at his eyes. They show pain and guilt. You raise an eyebrow with an unamused face and flick him in the forehead. He frowns as rubs the area you hit. And before he can say anything, you tackle him in a hug, your crutch falling on the process. Your wounds hurt, but you ignore them. "You dummy. What happened to me was not your fault."

"But if I was there with you--"

"You don't know if that would've changed a thing. But I know this, and I want you to know it too..." You say as you pull back and cup his cheeks. "You did not fail me. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be here. You saved me, Leo. I'm here, right now, because of you. Forget my wounds, the scars I'll get, forget it all. I'm here. Thanks to you. So, please, don't ask me to forgive you for something you haven't done."

His eyes widen before his surprise gaze change back to the old calm and caring gaze he always had and you always loved. He also opened that cute smile that usually shows up whenever he's a bit bashful. Then, he leans into your touch as he holds one of your hands. You smile. "Those six months without you were driving me insane. I don't know what I would've done if I lost you."

"And I don't know what I would've done if you got hurt instead of me, Leo. I'm just glad it was me, since I knew you'd find a way to help me out. You get out of your own way to save those who need you. I know that much about you."

He smiles before cupping your cheek, and you lean into his touch, your hand overlapping his. Then, he surprises you by kissing you on your lips. Your eyes widen, but as soon as you feel his heartbeat, which is almost as fast as yours and you could tell since he held your hand against his chest, you relax since thanks to that you knew that he was just as nervous as you were. You kiss him back and he tilts his head a bit in order to deepen the kiss.

After a while, he pulls back and gives you a sweet loving smile. "And I know this: you mean the world to me, Y/n. And, I was wondering... Would you be my girlfriend?"

Your eyes widen again before you open a huge smile. "Yes!" You say as you tackle him into a hug again, but... "Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!"

"Y/n?! What happened?!"

"My wounds. I shouldn't stretch like that." He chuckles at your comment and grabs your crutch.

"If you keep being reckless like that, I'll have no choice but to get even more protective over you."

"Aw, man... Can I at least get some cuddles?"

"Sure." He kisses your head. "Anything for you. Always."