They Beatbox?!

#A.N.: Sorry, but I saw this video and thought: why not? Btw, you can just skip to 0:50 if you'd like, it's where the stuff gets going. Also, does anyone remember the elevator scene?
Edit: I've had this chapter since 2020 omg

Your POV

You were chilling in your window after finishing you latest assignment. It was due almost two weeks ahead, but you just wanted to get free of it already. A soft cool wind hit your (s/c) skin and you closed your eyes while letting out a happy sigh. For some reason, autumm was your favorite season, so you really enjoyed those windy nights which you'd just sit by your window and relax. Or so you thought, since out of nowhere you started to hear someone beatboxing. You knew it was beatbox because you liked watching people doing it once in a while, making you wish you knew how. Anyways, whoever was beatboxing was really good at it. Curious, you climb up the fire escape and got to the roof, since that's where you thought the music was coming from. But when you got there, your eyes widen and you gasp slightly as soon as you saw who was doing that. It was a group of four giant turtles that had human features. Shocked out of your head, you could only stare at them as they kept going on with their private show. It also surprised you how good they were. Anyways, when they were done, they high-fived.

"Alright! That was awesome!" The one with orange mask said.

"Yeah, looks like our training's been paying off." The one with blue mask said. Something in his voice made you blush a bit, but you got rid of it as soon as you noticed the one with purple mask staring at you. "Uh, guys... I think we have a problem." He said painting at you. You tense up, but you manage to wave slightly.

"What the-- How did she get here?!" The one with red mask asked.

"I dunno, but I think she's cute." The one with orange mask said before walking up to you. "What's your name, dudette?" He asked as he beamed at you. His baby blue eyes and goofy grin made you feel a bit more relaxed. "... I-It's (Y/n)."

"That's a cool name. I'm Michelangelo, ladies like to call me Mikey." He said before turning to the other turtles. "Those are my brothers. The one in purple is Donatello, or Donnie, the one in red is Raphael, or Raph, and friendly advice, do not get on his nerves." You giggled at him a bit. "And the one in blue is Leonardo, or Leo." Again, you waved, this time you earned an awkward wave from Donnie, a nod with a grunt from Raph and a simple nod from Leo. "So, what are you doing up here, dudette?"

"Oh, I was just relaxing by my window when I heard you guys beatboxing."

"So you heard the whole thing? What do think of it?"

"It was great! You guys are awesome."

"Thanks. You beatbox?"

"What? No way. I wish I could."

"So you're not a spy or anything like that?" Raph asked as he crossed his arms. "Well, she doesn't look like it." Donnie said. "Maybe that's the whole point."

"I don't think so. If she was our enemy, she would've attacked us, not only stared at us." Leo said.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to. It's just... I've never seen anyone like you before, and I didn't think you could beatbox like that."

"So... You're not afraid of us?" You shake your head in response, and they exchange surprised looks. At least until Mikey tackles you in a hug. "Alright! Another human friend! Can we take her to the lair, pleeeeaase?"

"Maybe next time, Mikey. It's getting pretty late." You turn to your watch with Leo's words. "He's right. I've got school tomorrow."

"Aw, man."

"But I'll be free Friday night."

"Aw, yeah!!"

Timeskip

It's been some months since you've met the turtles and you all became great friends. After learning the whole thing about their story and what they do to keep the city at least a bit more safe, you became a bit angry that no one appretiates them, but once they said it was okay, that they were used to it, you kept your indignation to yourself. Despite that, you always had a good time together. And their father, Master Splinter, was always so kind to you that you felt like you've known them for years. Leonardo was the one you hung out the most with. He was kind, polite, respectful and funny whenever you hung out together, and during training, you could tell he was determinated, focused and really strong. No wonder you've developed a crush for the blue masked turtle, and each day it just got bigger and bigger. More when you'd have beatbox classes together. Yeah, they ended up teaching you how to do it, and you were really grateful. And even though you felt like an idiot on the beginning, they kept encouraging you to keep doing it, so you improved everyday a bit more. Anyways, now you were on the couch with him relaxing after another class. "You're getting really good at it, (Y/n). I'm sure someday you'll beat me and my brothers."

"Are you kidding? You are a team. No way I'd ever beat the four of you. But I guess soon enough I'll beat you on the one-o-one."

"You're on, (Y/n)." You shared laughs with that. Then, you looked at your watch. "Shoot, I need to get going."

"I'll escort you."

"Thanks." With that, you two left the lair and he took you home. It made your stomach get butterflies whenever he'd carry you in his big muscular arms. You bit your lip. You want to tell him how you feel towards him, but you are afraid of rejection. When you reached your apartment, you turned to him. "I really had a good time today, Leo. But it's not like I don't always have a good time with you."

He chuckled. "I had a good time with you too, (Y/n). Then again, I always do." You blush at his words. Then, he turns around. "Well, I better get going now. Take care, (Y/n)." He was about to leave. You grasp the end of your coat. "L-Leo?" You call his name, making him turn to you. Without letting second thoughts get the best of you, you walk up to him, place your hand on his plastron and kiss him on the corner of his lips. When you pull back, your gaze locks on the ground as you hope he doesn't see your blush. But he, unknown to you, had a fine tone of red on his cheeks himself. And before you could tell, he jumped in your apartment and lifted your chin up so his lips could meet yours. Your eyes widen and you gasp a bit in surprise, but you melt into the kiss as he wraps one of his arms around your waist and you place your hands on his plastron only to feel his heart beating almost as loud and fast as yours. When you pull back, your eyes meet his and you feel as if you're in some sort of trance. "I like you." The words leave your mouth without your consent, so when you realize what you said, you hands come to your face only to be stopped by Leo's big, scaly, rough but gentle hands. You look at him to see him smiling lovingly at you. "I like you too, (Y/n). And I was wondering if you'd like to be my girlfriend." You almost can't believe it. Did he seriously just asked you out? Either way, you laugh as you tackle him into a hug. "Yes! I'd love to!" You say and he chuckles while hugging you tight. When you pulled back, he pulled you into a tender kiss.

Who knew beatboxing would bring you two together?