First time in a big city

Your POV

I've always lived in the countryside. The horseriding, walking through the forest, campfires... I've always loved them. And I loved doing them with my friends. But a few months ago, my bestie, (Y/b/n), moved to New York City. And even though I was against it at first, I finally managed to get some money and go there to visit him/her. Since I'm a country girl, the idea of being surrounded by buildings, lots of people who don't care about anyone but themselves - or so I heard - and dangers in every corner never was good for me. But for my bestie, I'd try. Anyways, I arrived earlier today, but couldn't find his/her address. I've been looking for it all day and still haven't found it.

"Goddammit, (Y/b/n). Why couldn't you have just sent me your address in a map?" I muttered as I turned around and got into an alley that according to my cellphone would take me there faster. But...

"Well, lookie here." I heard someone say. I turned my head up only to see a group of three men, each with a bottle in hand. My eyes scanned the area. There was a bar right across the street behind me.

(Great.)

"And what is a *hic* pretty girl like you doing around here?" One of them started to come closer to me. "Could it be it's because you wanted to get to know our little friends?" He said as he gestured over his pants.

I rolled my eyes. "Sorry, sir. But I don't want to get to know anyone tonight. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm in a hurry." I said trying to walk past him only to meet up with the other two.

"Oh, I'm sure that whatever is causing you hurry can wait, right?"

"Besides, we don't like women who play hard to get. So why don't you just try to enjoy yourself, princess?" He said, the breath of booze making me cringe. But that wasn't all there was to it.

(Oh, that does it!)

Without thinking twice, I punched one of them in the gut making him stumble back as he groaned.

"Then, you'll hate me." I said bluntly.

"Grab her!" He yelled, and the other two instantly grabbed my arms. I struggled to get off their grip, but they wouldn't budge. Then, the guy I punched started to come near me. I took that as an advantage to use him as a support for me to make a backflip, just what I needed to make them let go of me. Once my arms were free, I started to hit them. One of my blows hit one of them right on the liver, making him stumble back. I took that chance and kicked him in his face, knocking him out cold. But as I tried to hit the other, he grabbed my wrist and managed to immobilize me. Then, the other one pulled a gun from his belt and cocked it. I froze.

"Y'know what? You seem to be a pretty good fighter. But I bet you'll budge after some presuasion." He pointed it at me. I glared at him, and just as he was about to pull the trigger--

"Hey!" A deep voice echoed through the alley, making the man turn to it. But before he could do anything, whoever it was knocked him out with a single punch. I looked up at who it was. My eyes widened when I saw a huge humanoid turtle with two katanas strapped to his shell and a blue mask covering his blue eyes. The man behind me was shivering before he let me go and started to step back.

"... M... M-M... M-M-M..." He tried to speak as he pointed at the mutant, who stepped forward, but...

"Yah!" I kicked him right on his gut with a back kick, and took the chance to hit my knee on his head. After that, I got into fighting position.

"Whoa..." I heard the mutant say. I turned around to see him staring at me with wide eyes and an open mouth.

I raised an eyebrow before smiling and holding my hand up to him. "(Y/n)."

He blinked a bit before shaking my hand. "Leonardo."

"Thank you for saving me, Leonardo."

"Well, I think you did most of the job. Nice moves, by the way."

"Thank you. And for the record, if it wasn't for you I'd be dead or being raped by now. So I really owe you one."

He started to wave his hands in front of me. "No, please. You don't owe me anything. I was just doing my job."

"And I was just following my father's instructions." His eyes widened again, but I kept speaking. "Besides, he also taught me to retribute every gesture of kindness, even if whoever was kind to me was just doing their job."

After a bit of thinking, he shook his head a bit. "Well, if you insist." I smiled with that. Then, my cell phone started to ring. I went up to it and grabbed it, thankful the screen didn't crack. Then, I turned to Leonardo slightly. "Excuse me." I said before picking up. "Hello? Hey, (Y/b/n). What's up? ... I'm cool. How about you? ... Great. Look, I gotta go now, I'll call you later."

After that, I turned back to Leonardo. "Are you good with maps?" I asked him.

"Pretty much. Why? Are you lost?"

"Yeah, I've been trying to get to my friend's place all day, and still didn't get there. Cellphone wasn't much of a help either." I said pointing at the unconscious men around us. He chuckled, and I felt my cheeks burn with that. Mainly after he opened a smile. "Alright, what is his/her address? I'll get you there."

"Great! It's, um... Let me see... 336 West 95th St."

"I know where that is." He said before suddenly picking me up bridal style. It was so sudden I ended wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Hey, wha-- What in tarnation are you doing?!"

"It's fastest way to get there. Now hang on tight." Before I could ask what he meant by that, I felt myself going up at he swiftly climbed up a building. When I realized what happened, we were on a rooftop and he accelerated towards the edge. "Holy sh--" I shut my eyes tight and waited for the fall, but he only landed on the next rooftop. I opened my eyes and looked around. He was doing it again. After a few times, he finally stopped and gently set me down. I almost fell, but he quickly held my shoulders to keep me from doing so.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I stared at him with wide eyes before letting out a laughter. "I'm great, thanks. That was awesome. You always do that?" He stared at me with wide eyes before nodding. "Cool. I wish I knew how to do that." I said. He smiled at me before letting me go. "Well, we're here. Do you think you'll be okay by yourself?"

"Yeah, I can climb down the fire escape. Can't wait to see the look on (Y/b/n)'s face when he/she realizes I came all this way just to see him/her."

"You're not from around here?"

"Nope. I'm from the countryside. Never been a fan of big cities."

"Why not?"

"Despite what happened back in that alley? Too much people, too much noise, it just... Ugh. I feel like my head it's going to explode."

"Then you'd hate my house."

I raised my eyebrow. "Noisy and troublesome siblings?" He nodded. I chuckled and shook my head. "That's normal in a family."

He shook his head and chuckled. "If you say so. Anyways, I better get going. Stay out of trouble, (Y/n)."

"I'll try. See 'ya."

"Count on it, princess."

I stopped dead on my tracks before turning around only to see him smirking slightly before walking away. I clentched my fist and walked up to him. "Leonardo?"

"Yeah?" On the moment he turned around, I grabbed arm and belt and managed to throw him on the ground over my shoulder. He stared at me with wide eyes, but I only leaned on my knees. "Could you please not call princess?" Just then, my cellphone started to ring again.

"Oh for cryin' out loud..." I muttered before turning to the edge of the rooftop. "Sorry, gotta go." With that I left him to meet my friend.

Leo's POV

I couldn't believe it. She just threw me over her shoulder like I weighted nothing. I sat up and turned to the place where she disappeared. And for some reason, I smirked to myself.

"What a girl..." I mumbled before going back to the lair, wondering when I'd see her again.