Painting a Dream

Your POV

I was running. I didn't know from who or what, but I just kept running. My breath was ragged, my legs and feet were burning, but I just kept going as fast as I could. Then, I suddenly made a sharp turn and got into an alley. Soon enough, I climbed up the fire escape and got on the roof. Realizing I wasn't being followed anymore, I leaned on my knees and got that chance to take a breath.

When I was good to go, I got up and turned around, only to see something I knew I wasn't supposed to see outside the screen of a TV or a cellphone because that could not be real. Not outside the sci-fi world. Yet, there stood a humanoid turtle. He was tall, had two swords on his shell, and a blue mask over his blue eyes. As my eyes widened when I saw that, I also heard someone speaking, but it wasn't that turtle.

"Who are you?" It asked. Just then, my eyes opened and I woke up on my couch. I frowned and sat up.

"I need to buy stuff." I said before I got up and headed out.

Leo's POV

(What the heck was that?)

I just woke up on my bed, since I decided to rest after a training session. And talk about a weird dream. At one minute, I was on the rooftop with my brothers, and on the next I turn around and see this girl. Usually, I instantly forget about my dreams once I wake up, but this time, I remembered everything. She had (h/l) (h/c) hair, and (e/c) eyes, and was on the same rooftop we were on. And on the dream, I heard Raph asking her who she was, but she didn't even turn around to face him. Her eyes were locked on mine all the time until I woke up. I shook my head and got up. I had to get ready for patrol.

Once we were out, even though we were alert for a crime or anything like that, I couldn't help but think of the girl I saw on my dream. Why would I dream with someone I've never met before? Who was she? Why would she be on a rooftop? Would that be how we'd meet? Would we ever meet each other? What was her name? As those thoughts kept running through my head, I almost got left behind. Luckily I managed to keep up with my brothers. After running for a good while, we finally stopped on a random rooftop.

"Man, what happened to this city tonight? It's so quiet." Mikey commented.

"Yeah. Too quiet. I don't like it." Raph said as he crossed his arms.

"Well, maybe we didn't look straight." Donnie said.

"Donnie might be right. We should split up and see what we can find. We'll meet back at the lair before 1AM." I said. They nodded, and each one of us went to a different direction. Soon enough, I stopped and took that opportunity to think more about the dream I had. I let out a sigh. "Why won't I just leave it aside? It was just a dream. It was not real." As I told myself that, I turned to the streets while I paced back and forth. "Why don't I just smell the hummus already? There's no way I'm going to meet that girl. She probably doesn't even exist. And if she does, there's no way I'm ever going to meet--"

"Bye, Dan! Thanks again!" I heard someone speaking on the street. I turned to see who it was and my eyes widened. "... Her." That was all that left my lips as I saw who the person was. It was her. The girl from my dream walking through the streets right below me. Without thinking, I started to follow her. She had hearphones on, so I didn't think she'd listen to me.

I kept following her until she reached a random building which wasn't that far from the store she just got out of. Soon enough I managed to see her through one of the windows. She barely got home and she left her bag on the couch, moved the small table aside and got some stuff from a cabinet under the TV. My eyes widened when I saw her getting some paints out of a box and an easel too. After a while, some paints were on the table by her side as she sat on a stool and before I knew it, she was painting the canvas she just brought and she seemed really concentrated.