We're Gonna Be Okay

#A.N.: Sorry, I just felt like it. Plus, I wrote this a while ago, so it might not be that accurate.

Your POV

"I booooooorreeeeeeed." You say through your phone only to hear your bestie chuckle.

"Hey, I thought talking to me made you less bored." He teased you.

"It does, but not through the phone. Much less through the window." You turn to the side, where your window is, to see your mutant turtle friend.

He opened a sad smile. "Yeah, I know. But, lockdown, remember?" You roll your eyes at his words.

"*Groan* I hate it! I can't do anything anymore! I can't go to school, I can't go out to see my relatives, and I can't go to the lair to see you and the others! Why can't I?"

"Come on, (Y/n). We talked about this before. You can't leave your house unless you really need to. And since your parents do the groceries, you don't have much options left."

"I can wear a mask."

"Wouldn't a cop stop you or anything like that for leaving home late? Also, I'm pretty sure your parents wouldn't let you get out."

"Then why don't you come and visit me?"

"Am I not doing this right now?"

"Not like this, dummy!"

"*Chuckle* I know, I know. But I told you. I still have to beat up bad guys that don't care about the situation and still cause trouble on the streets. And since I do that daily, I may have the virus and don't even know about it, and the last thing I want is you to get sick."

"*Sigh* But I miss talking to you without a glass between us, I miss meditating with you, playing games with you, and everything else. I just..." You trail off as you place your hand on the window. "I just miss you, Leo."

He places his hand on yours and it hurts both of you not being able to actually feel it. "I miss you too, (Y/n). A lot. But I don't want to take any risks. Not when it involves you so much."

You frown and look down as you sink in his words. They are always so sweet, so caring... Oh, how you miss actually hearing them loud and clear and not through your cell phone. Since your window made you end up almost yelling at each other to actually listen to each other once, you don't have much options left.

"Hey..." He starts, making you turn back to him and find yourself lost in his eyes, like usual whenever you're together.

"Don't worry. As far as it's going, it's just until the end of the year. We'll manage that"

"*Scoff* You sound so confident."

"Only because I know you're okay."

Your eyes widen, but as you see him smiling lovingly at you, you can only smile back.

"See if you stay okay too, alright? I don't think I'd be able to lose you." You say as you place your forehead on the window, and you smile widely as he places his over yours, even through the glass.

"You won't. I promise. And I promise we're gonna be okay."

"Yeah... I think we will."