40

"Hi, sweetheart. I've missed you."

Some will say I'm a strong-willed woman. That I could overcome an obstacle if I have to and is almost always goal-driven but, I guess I failed that bit when I saw him strut right in front of me wearing a smile so warm I feel right at home.

"Hey, you." My doubts and suspicions were easily thrown out of the window as soon as he enveloped me within his arms, sniffing through his unforgettable scent all while he kissed the top of my head a couple of times. Surely the display gathered a little audience of our own when the boys gestured vomiting sounds, but they're lucky to be in their small disguises or I would've whooped all their asses out in the public. "How did band day go?" I asked as soon as he pulled away, curling his fingertips around mine as we entered the little homey restaurant. There were booths the boys could easily hide into without alerting everyone they're a famous band out and about in London.

"Honestly? It sucks without you." I bit my lip and rolled my eyes, keeping it all in as I breathed heavily and smiled at him. "I don't even know why we went out without you. We're probably not gonna do it again." We were guided somewhere a little on the corner, enough for them to take off their hats and glasses, and fitting ourselves in a large booth. Luke on my left and Calum on my right, across was Mike and Ashton, and on the corner is Kyle already handing out the menu.

"Woah. You got that today?" Mike was the first to take notice of the red spot on Kyle's arm, covered in small plastic that the man thought it'll be great to flex it together with his muscles.

"Nothing to brag there." I quipped, the boys laughing at that as they marvel over the tattoo.

"Once you get one, it'll never stop, I swear." Ashton pointed out, "See Luke here. Says he won't get a tattoo when we were eighteen, but look at him now!" I smiled at the fact that he really did add something other than the tally. There was a bird on his inner arm, and the date of his parent's birth at each of his wrist.

"Cal talked me into it!" He defended, grabbing my hands from under the table and squeezing it tight like it was just second nature. "He said I should just get a small one and I really don't know how I got three more. I really don't."

"Oh, you secretly want one, mate. I just shoved you into a parlour. I'm just that persuasive." I rolled my eyes.

"See? I'm not the bad influence in this group. It's Calum." Ashton grinned, but I wasn't finished. "And Ashton." He opened his mouth wide in feign shock that I chuckled, "What? You talked our poor innocent boy into getting a tattoo. He's not a virgin anymore—" The words got caught in my mouth when laughter erupted at the table, realizing my best friends still laughs at jokes like that and my boyfriend was visibly reddening from the insinuation.

"Of course he's not." Mike muttered in a sing-song voice, making me grin wide while scooting closer to Luke.

"I love you." I said, sinking into his shoulders as it felt really nice being this close. So nice.

"I love you even if you bully me." He whispered back, placing a kiss on my forehead that I just—I know every fiber of my being was so sure I'll never unlove this man. Never.

"Ugh. We get it!" Kyle exclaimed, earning support from the band that we flipped them off before browsing over the menu. Still holding each other's hands under the table.

*・。*゜・。・o゜・。*゜・。・o*゜・。・o*

I don't really know how we went from eating a bunch of foods, courtesy of Ashton himself who figured to treat us all with a feast, up to a small bar right outside in a chilly night and a good view of the London Eye from afar. I was sitting there and I figured that, life is good. Life has to be good to me this time around because I'm amidst the people I've always wanted to be with, in a place ten-year-old me only would've dreamt of, all while within the grasp of the man I've managed to love with my entire life.