11

*・。*゜・。・o゜・。*゜・。・o*゜・。・o*

Theo, with a camera at hand and a phone in the other, looked up at the large sign that says it loudly, she's at the place she least expects herself to be. Not in this lifetime—or at least not anymore.

Her memory were consisted of things she didn't really want to remember yet standing here today? It was open season for unwelcomed memories she wanted to keep buried down under. Not that it was bad—hell no, it was merely because the more she rolled those figments of the past she misses, the more Theo could feel the anger and sadness bubbling in her chest. A nightmare even with both eyes open.

"How long has it been? Eight? Nine years since Annandale?" A voice spoke beside her, rendering her body frozen for she hadn't exactly expected to hear it approach her again. "I still remember how they were trying to get me in the band—kept looking at me while singing." He chuckled, Theo's brows furrowing from stopping herself to shed even a single tear. Yeah, she could remember that day, too. "There's like—no more than fifteen people watching them including me—actually no, sixteen." Theo cursed loudly in her mind. "There was you, at the back of the crowd with the biggest smile I could still see it even now." He chuckled again, this time it felt like the atmosphere moved around them and Theo's heart was physically aching.

"I wore a Nirvana shirt and you were laughing at me because I didn't really know them. I just borrowed it from Cal." Ashton Irwin laughed, "And they couldn't stop smiling at the stage because they already knew you were going to say yes." Theo's chest fluttered in happiness. They were just looking at the sign of the hotel yet even then, the memory of the very same day kept replaying in their heads like clockwork. Again and again and again.

"I didn't think we'd be back here." Ashton mused, "With you." She didn't know if the statement hurts or not but knowing Ashton—and she hope she still does, it probably meant bewilderment. That her disappearance before assured them that she'll never be back anymore.

Surprise, surprise. She's still there. "Hey, Theo?" Ashton called, her eyes darting over his that he smiled, his features different and more mature than from her memories several years ago that she almost cried. "It's really good to see you again. I'm sorry it took me so long to say that."

"No—no, you don't have to apologize, Ash. I know... things had been hard for all of us." Ashton pursed his lips, "For Luke." The drummer pulled her close and gave her a hug she didn't know she needed. Ashton has always been a soft person, much more to the people that meant the world to him and Theo was definitely still a part of his life even after everything. And the girl felt that through his hug that made waves in her stomach. She wanted to cry very badly yet she didn't want to show signs of weakness.

Not today.

The two pulled away and Theo merely sniffed before Ashton handed the camera he was holding to her. "I got a small bit from it awhile ago when we arrived. I hope it gets in the content." She pocketed her phone and accepted the camera with a smile. This time, she felt a lot less like shit than she was moments ago. Kat and Kyle had already made their way inside and she was standing there, gawking at the sign like an idiot for she really couldn't muster up a courage to go in.