5

*・。*゜・。・o゜・。*゜・。・o*゜・。・o*

"First step, find you the perfect band that matches your amazing skills."

Theo walks through the hallway of a really, really massive media company that handles so many artist she almost lost count. It was her plan to work as freelance but judging by how she's certainly not about to waste some money and wants to really work at a firm, she quickly changed her mind and went woth her first plan. That all escalated into an agreement in training that she's going to be placed in a band depending on the pre-shoot that she took with Eric's camera, and would have the chance to either make an advertisement shoot, tour shoots and diaries, or just plainly shots for the magazine. She already knew half the process by touring with the only band she had ever worked for and prayed would never happen again.

Theo might be looking forward into seeing him again but can't know for sure if she can take seeing him and feeling—nothing.

That would be physically and mentally impossible.

"Come in, I'm gonna introduce you to your partner." Theo was about to open her mouth for a question when the woman, her manager, pulled her inside an equipment room with another man sitting by some sturdy box and seemed to be putting together a camera. "Kyle! Hey, meet the new girl." The man turned while carrying the lens with one hand and flashed a small smile that sure took Theo aback. One that showed two of his deep set dimples while his bright honey eyes beamed towards her. "This is Theo. Theo, this is Kyle. Your temporary partner. He could show you around, tell you the in's and out of the building, the best cake in the pantry, and would handle your first ever job as soon as I get a really good band for you. Alright?" Theo nods, gathering all the information in her mind and before she could even thank her, she already went on her way, leaving her with the man who's now chuckling.

"Kat's always like that. Get used to it." She opened her mouth to ask but shrugs instead. "Kyle Jimenez." He raised his right hand and Emma grasps it, wondering how it ever came so soft considering the work they do involve the movement of their hands.

"Theodora Auclair. But just Theo." They both let go immediately and she shy away with a small smile. "How long have you been here?" Theo started to walk around the whole room, seeing several of cameras and lenses she could surely name one by one, hoisting one angled lens up and inspecting it. Surely being careful as the thing she's holding is the price of her four month rent.

"Four? Five years? I've worked for so many bands I started to lose count." He says and Theo could feel his smile radiating from his words. "How about you?"

"I used to be the official photographer for a band almost three years ago. Stayed with them for over four years before I left."

"What made you leave?" The question loomed over the room as Theo stopped and turned to Kyle with an expression he can't seem to point out. "It's okay. We don't have to talk about it." She silently thanked him as she walk around, listening to Kyle as he tells her all the things she needed to know while at work. What the common go of things are during concerts and tours, and even recommended bunks of different buses he could possibly name for having to tour so much. Theo knew right then that he's more experienced in the field than she ever was, and decided to stick around him more.

"Heard there's a band who recently released a couple of new songs for their new album. I bet they're going into tour and Kat would place us there. They are a good starting point for someone who came back into the field. With all the band posters and everything." Kyle pointed out as he lead her towards parts of the hall where she could get whatever she needs, and also lead her to an almost empty pantry where Kyle explained that's because the roadies were busy in oncoming tours, and some were preparing and preferred eating at their own offices.

"Do you know which band?" She asks.

"No, but they're not that old, and not that new either. 2012 is a good guess." Theo shrugs, not knowing a great deal of bands as of recently and the only ever band she knew didn't start at that year. All her thoughts flew out the window when they reached the studio, one of many where a lot of photographers treat it such as a haven. With all the expensie equipment and the ever so plain white background? Sure sent rush into her.

"Holy crap." A series of memories poured at the back of her head no matter how much she tries to not to think of it. One where they would play dress up like kids and shoot just about anything, the label letting them do it like that since they were at the peak of their fame and a lot of fans surely wanted the genuine looks of their favorite rockstars. It was quite a trip down memory lane, indeed.

"Can I take a lucky guess?" Theo hummed in confusion. "You... got way too close to someone you shouldn't have, and that's why you have to leave?" Kyle stares straight ahead as he sat in the middle of the white backdrop on the studio, Theo followed right after and sat beside as she thought about his theory.

"Almost." She could remember it as clear as a day. That night, her last night together with them a month before she broke it off with him. How they shared over the pancake she cooked, while watching a kid's movie at Calum's flatscreen. One where they totally messed up his kitchen that they had to call in for a professional home cleaning just to get the stains out of the wall. It was the last time Theo ever saw Mikey with a blue hair, Ashton wearing his infamous bandana, and Luke... with a smile the reaches his eyes that's impossible to forget and that... that look that took her breath away everytime she catches him stare at her like it.

Looking at them now? They look so much happier without her, and the very thought aches her heart deeply.

Theo knew it was all her fault.

*・。*゜・。・o゜・。*゜・。・o*゜・。・o*

"How are you liking everything so far?" Kat asks while she sat across her in a sleek office, one that looked so extravagant and yet minimal with three large sizes of a column preview. One where Theo wouldn't mind dozing off in for a bit.

"Everything's good. I loved everything about it here, and yep, Kyle sure knows which cake is better than the rest." Kat chuckled as she stood and leaned on the table in front of her.

"I'm glad to hear that. But I do have some good news for you." She nods, her excitement off the roof as she knew it could be the second band she'll ever work for again, and would sure make the best out of her life once again. "I finally found the best band that'll fit your skills!" Theo beamed brightly. "And they're coming in today with their manager. We're going to have a meeting and I would like you and Kyle to be there."

"Wow, thank you, Kat." She stood and shake her hand rather excitedly which made her handler chuckle a bit. She doesn't know how much this means to Theo now that she's fully able. This was the best news she had in her life so far, she's cherishing it like she hadn't in her past life. "We'll be there at the meeting."

"Good—oh, and I'm sure you'll love the band." Theo agreed although frowned in confusion as Kat laughs. Grabbing a folder right by her table and opening it.

"I'm sure I would." She answered rather unsurely.

"You will." Kat placed the folder right back down and look towards her, and the sudden change of expression confused Theo more, but soon realized Kat was looking behind her. "You will, Ms. Auclair. Because you know them." She opened her mouth to say something when Kat spoke again, and this time? Theo was sure as shit she's going to pass out. "Welcome back, boys! I'd like you to meet Theo. Theodora Auclair, this is 5 Seconds of Summer."