Act I

*・。*゜・。・o゜・。*゜・。・o*゜・。・o*

"I've got one question for Luke Hemmings that I'm sure every Luke girl wanted to ask." The boy with loose curls and charming smile beamed brightly to the interviewer, a woman in her late thirties that seemed to be into what she's doing so much so that he found it odd for the very woman to be this interested in a band member that he doubts she even listen to. Although he knew it's partly because it was her job, and that he, too, sometimes had to force out a smile just for the sake of making people around him happy even if he's hardly ever so.

"Yeah? Shoot." He urged and the woman read through a card words he never knew he'd had to answer in a live interview.

"Is Luke Hemmings interested or on the hunt to find the woman of her dreams?" Luke was quick to let out a chuckle, a weird and very nervous one at that but then, he knew just what to say. And that what he's about to say is what he honestly feels.

"You know, Trish, people come and go. If you go and find the woman of your dreams, there could be that high possible of choosing one that's never meant for you. The best answer I could give to everybody now is that... I'm not currently looking forward to date or to love someone other than my family. I wanna wait and prioritize Petunia—take her out on a date first before anything else." The mention of his dog for sure averted the topic and everyone in the studio is in utter awe, except for his bandmates that are watching from the backstage that sure knew Luke needed a girl—and yet refuses to go out and live the best of his bachelor life.

The interview ended just then and Luke walk straight to the table of which he grabbed a bottle of water and downed the half of it in one go. He didn't care about what the backlash would be of his answer, nor if it came out different from what their manager asked them to answer. That's to say they are and get done with it. He didn't regret lying because their fans are too loyal and diligent to be lied to, and that they deserved the truth even if it was meant to be something private he would very much would want to keep.

"You doing good, man?" Ashton walks up to his best friend and puts a hand on his shoulder, squeezing it reassuringly as Luke flashed a small smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He replied timidly.

"I suggest the restaurant on fifth street would be good." Michael, followed by Calum catches up behind Ashton with similar reassuring smile. That no matter what their dorky best friend say on live interview, they're going to back him up.

"What restaurant?" Luke asked as he down the second half of the small water bottle.

"You said you'd take Petunia. The restaurant on fifth street allows pets inside. You both will have a great time, for sure." Mikey suggested so innocently and the rest of the band bursted out in laughter. "Whatever. It's a really good place, they have really nice food." He says, knowing his dorky side went out quickly as it came and walk towards the table to grab a donut instead.

"I'll take note of that." Luke pointed out while still chuckling slightly, but it disappeared soon and he's back to his normal self again. One where he decided to never think about his answer again, and that explicitly inform their manager not to be asked about it ever again. The topic was still sore to him and he didn't want to say something he'll regret next time.

"Are you really holding up good, Lu?" Calum asked, one who's very concerned about his best friend because he had been there the times Luke was on his lowest, and didn't want to see it, or go through it ever again. He knew how heartbreak felt like and didn't want the same thing to happen to his best mate, but things took a turn quite so fast the next thing they know? Luke came home drunk with a tear streaked face and a broken guitar.

"I'm fine." He says almost defensively and his best friends knew he wasn't.

Two and a half years later and he still wasn't.

The two year break helped Luke get over his worst nightmare. With the extra help of beers, pizza, and writing music, or just having to hangout daily over his three other best friend's houses. They never left him alone with his thoughts, went through him on his sudden outbursts or breakdowns, and helped him get over what he was still carrying for years. But they knew he hadn't fully recovered yet.

Everyone guessed it right, everyone concluded it so right when they told that people never really get over with their first love.