36

*・。*゜・。・o゜・。*゜・。・o*゜・。・o*

▷ MYSTERY OF LOVE

*・。*゜・。・o゜・。*゜・。・o*゜・。・o*

When I was a child, I've always imagined a love like in the movies.

One that seemed so easy, so romantic, and everything a girl like me could ever dream off in a million years. And then — of course, that kiss. The one that makes up the whole thing, the one that ties everything up in a perfect bow and everything will be alright in the end.

And I told myself long ago, if I was not gonna have a love like Barbie and Ken, Genevieve and Derek, or even Allie and Noah, that I would never love at all. I mean, that was just a childish fantasy. One that includes twelve-year-old me wanting to marry a shoemaker that makes ballet shoes for twelve dancing princesses. I know. Ridiculous. But it was all I could ever think about around the time where I never really knew what love is — until I met him.

Sparks blew almost too instantly it was frightening at first. Remembering how you love someone the first time — how incredible it is to know a stranger and the next thing you found out, your heart jumps at the mere sight of him. Of how it beats unnaturally whenever he's near, or when he speaks to you and nothing else comes out than sweet echoes you found yourself so infatuated, you really start to wonder if love was the butterflies flying in your stomach. If love was trainwreck crashing course towards you and all you could feel was a love so hard it hurts.

Well, it didn't need finding out that long, really. Not when I'm knee deep into the quicksand of his all, and certainly not when I'm so madly in love I could scream about it at the top of my lungs.

I'm pretty sure I did one time, at their acoustic performance where I deliberately yelled, "I love you, Luke Hemmings!"

"I love you, too."

"I'm sorry — what?" My eyes flickered very fast to my left soon when I heard that voice, almost rendering me dizzy and unhinged at reality when I saw myself sitting right next to the man I was thinking of just then — and that he was smiling at me, all pearly whites out in the open while his eyes gleamed at me like I was a princess in all my Barbie movies "12-in-1 set" from my childhood.

"You said, I love you, Luke Hemmings." How did I not know I was saying it that loud?! Well, that's embarrassing, "And I said, I love you, too." The way he said it, I could feel it right at my left rib where I could feel things tingling whenever his voice reverberated around me. Climbing up my lungs, then around my spine, and all the way to my head where it felt fuzzy like I was leaning over some marshmallow.

Although in this case, I was leaning on his shoulders all while sitting right beside each other a thousand feet up in the air. Currently on our way to Liverpool while his fingers filled all the empty spaces of mines. Like a really — really satisfying jigsaw puzzle where you stick the final piece and everything just went into place.

"I love you, three, Luke Hemmings." I feel him chuckle as he went and kissed the top of my head. Closing my eyes to make myself believe that this was all real. That this was all truly happening to me.

And I'm finally free from everything that held me back. Finally free from — all the forces stopping us together as we fought through it ever so valiantly.

Last night, when he said all those things to me, when he — my Luke, promised me things will change forever now, I was happy. No — happy doesn't even suffice enough when all I could feel was something even greater. Something I couldn't put through into words or I'll just be a bumbling mess describing love the hardest I can. It's least to say I jumped and hugged him immediately, not on my best plans to ever let him out of my sight just incase this was all an elaborate dream.

I guess it wasn't — not when Kyle practically leaped and hauled me away from Luke, asking and worrying so much I had to give him an hour of heart-to-heart talk just to make him believe I was okay.

I'm finally going to be okay.

"What are you thinking about?" Luke muttered, his fingers grazing over my knuckles while I held on it tight. Super tight.

"You." I say, sighing or else my heart will finally explode. "Still trying to grasp the concept that this is all real." His head pulled away that he looked at me, cupping my cheeks with his other hands that I leaned on it. Feeling softness over my own it was — everything. "Still making sure you're not a dream."

"How do I prove to you that this isn't?" I sighed again, pursing my lips together and thinking how many times I've already pinched myself since waking up beside him. My legs are all red underneath my jeans already.

"I don't—" He lowered his head down close, my breath hitching from my throat soon when his lips hovered over mine I was full of need — full of so much want that when it crashed with mine did my inner insides started fluttering about. More and more butterflies it was already so overwhelming I thank him when he pulled away, chuckling at that. "That just made it more like a dream now! You made it worse!" He pouted his crimson lips that I stole one more kiss for goodluck before leaning back on his shoulders and shutting my eyes real hard.

This isn't a dream.

It's really not.

Holy shit.

I'm so happy I could cry again.

"I'm here, bub. I'm not going anywhere." He brought my hands to his lips and I was sure just then — if I was asked a question of what love is?

It's Luke.

My Luke.

*・。*゜・。・o゜・。*゜・。・o*゜・。・o*

OMG I'M BACK!
u guys deserved an explanation and the reason why i was gone is because ive been having this really bad headaches the past few weeks. full on i couldnt even hold my phone for twenty minutes without being dizzy and it was all from the damn vertigo :—(((
i'm really, really sorry u guys. for ghosting ya'll like that.
it's been a hellish few weeks and i'm back now.
there's only a few chapters left and i appreciate all the love and care for the book — and me, and u guys are just the best.
i've been writing at this site for so long and its the first time ive felt like i truly belong to the community and its all thanks to u guys
i may not be consistent on replying to all the messages bc im shy, too (sorry huhu) but i love all of it and im reading it all.
i swear!
thank u guys, so much, for sticking with this story 💛
next update on friday!

also if u have time, i be plugging my new story
because i reminded myself of my love for jacob black
and thought why not make a story about him!
check it out! thanks!