4

*・。*゜・。・o゜・。*゜・。・o*゜・。・o*

Theo used to watch those sappy romantic films of couples falling in love after one summer, or couples meeting at the very strange times of their lives and finding solace to each other. She used to watch movies of them finding their way back through fate, or two meeting unexpectedly at one place they least expect to.

Never in Theo's life would she consider her life a whole sappy romantic film, not until today that is.

Stood in front of her is the very same man she loves and had never expected in a million years would she ever meet again. But then again, Sydney wasn't exactly a very big place, and that the chances of them meeting in the same city was never impossible, much less the very same day they're in.

Theo doesn't know from the look of Luke's face what he felt towards her. Rage? Anger? Hurt or disappointment? She didn't want to know. "L-Luke." She managed to breath out after what felt like hours and days of looking at each other even if it was only a minute. Theo had expected him to lash out, him telling her to fuck off or even go about as to walk away from her but it never happened.

"What's up, Theo?" He greeted her as if she never hurt him, and it baffled her big time. She doesn't know how to react, half expecting she'll apologize profusely again and again until he listens to what she's going to say, but him greeting her like nothing had happened? This isn't exactly how she pictured what would happen upon meeting him again.

"G-Good. You?" She can't help but stammer while he towers over her a few inches, him grabbing a bill on his pocket and placing it right down on the table he was previously in. Theo watches how he seemed to have changed overnight. Like he was the same person, but not entirely. Gone were the teenage boy type. He'd grown so mature, so... different Theo wondered if he still does the same thing he use to when he's with her.

Everything may have changed though, but not those eyes. Those silvery blues she loves looking at all day long. "Everything's going great! But I gotta go, you know? Band and all." He explains casually as if she was just some fan out there and it hurt her, but she knew why it had to be that. She broke his heart and there's no going around it. "Nice to see you out here, Theo." The way her name rolls off his lips make her missed him so much more but she had to stop herself right then and there.

"Nice to see you, too, Lu." He beams a smile at her, one where it never reached his eyes and went on his way, like a memory slowly fading away until it breaks her over and over again.

It's her fault the man she loves oh so deeply addresses her like she never meant a thing once in his life, can't blame him if he had to leave and never spend a minute more with her, but she allowed herself to hurt. Just a bit more until it fully numbs her, and she could forget about those ocean eyes and dimply smile all at once.

"What's that work you said you got the other day?" Eric asked while he ate cereals for his dinner and Theo eats the steak he brought with him. She pondered about the new job that'll start next week, and asked herself if it's a good idea going back to the same field she was in before everything that had happen.

"Videographer slash photographer." Theo says proudly and Eric nods. Placing the empty bowl right at the counter as Theo watches his face contort into something she knew all too well. Doubt. And more questions.

"Theo." He sighed, "Is that really what you want?" She shrugs. "It could be tiring and you know we wouldn't wanna risk anything, right?" Theo sighs.

"It's what I'm good at, Eric. I can handle myself." His eyes looking to her as if they say something more. "And it's certainly not because my ex-boyfriend just so happened to be the man I once used to work for." She laid out her reasons perfectly although won't deny the small fact that she chooses to go back because somehow, just somehow, she's still hoping. But even if her little stunt was impossible, at the very least, she gets the job she knew she love, and would work for tirelessly twenty-four seven.

"You know, you two could still have a chance to go back. If you tell him." Eric pointed out as he placed the bowl at the dishwasher, not knowing the different emotions that crossed through Theo's face. A mixture of anxiety, hopefulness, and fear all at the same time. She can't do that. She won't ruin whatever it is that she tried so hard to keep. Can't ruin the man even now that he's more successful than ever.

"There's no way I would do that, Eric. You of all people know that." She reasoned out, having zero appetite for the food in front of her as the topic of telling everything to the man she still loves with all her heart had suddenly made her full. "And why would you even want that? As far as I can tell, you don't even like him." Theo retorted as she set aside the left over and watches Eric smirked from the sink he's leaning at.

"True." His index finger gestured but bit his lip as if he's deep in thought. "But that doesn't mean I don't see my little sister get all giddy and smiley whenever she's with him." Theo stopped fiddling with her fingers and looked straight at his brother. "I... never really hated him, Theodora. I just don't wanna see what happens if he ever left you for another girl due to his growing fame, or see him abandon you, all of which never happened. All things considering."

Theo snorted, "You love him."

"Don't make me take it all back." He warns but she only laughed.

"My big brother loves my ex boyfriend. Isn't that a movie waiting to happen?"