1

*・。*゜・。・o゜・。*゜・。・o*゜・。・o*

THEODORA AUCLAIR had been going about up and down the stairs of the building, left and right through the hallway of her new apartment, and down to her car, towards up to her room once again. Stacking boxes and boxes of things she had for years and years, even trying to keep on justifying some of the things she never need just for the sake of it having wonderful memories. It never even occurred to her that the receipts she kept safely hidden in between her books had already faded, or that the wrapper of the bubblegum that a person gave to her was already stuck at the back of her favorite Tolkien book.

It seemed to her that the boxes were endless, and that she solely regret having to tell her brother that she could do it all on her own even if she's now sweating profoundly in her bright yellow shirt, and that her hair is kept in a messy bun with bits of baby hairs falling on her face. She went straight down once again, cursing why she hadn't chosen an apartment with an elevator, but knowing it was just a three story building and that she could live with it—just not by hoisting boxes every damn day of her life.

"You look like you need some help." A voice blurted out behind her and before she could even stop herself, she groaned, "Badly." Theo turned and found herself staring at her brother, a stupid grin painted on his face as he went near her. She had this whole independent living going on ever since all that happened and that she didn't need anyone's help anymore. For so long of having to depend for others, Theo had grown tired of what seemed like a never ending scene—and when she found a way out of the goddamn hole, she took it.

"I told you not to come, Eric." She quickly mused, irritation laced in her voice as her older brother sat at the end of her pick up truck, his feet dangling in the end while he chuckled.

"If I hadn't come, you wouldn't know how to carry your silly flat screen television that's almost the size of our dinner table." She shoved him lightly while she gathered all the small boxes, her brother sighing as he went to stop her. "I know you explicitly told me not to come, but I can't let my little sister sweat like a pig on a hot August day." Theo almost cracked up a smile but rolled her eyes instead. "Theo, come on. Let me help you. Just this once. Again. I wouldn't—or Mom wouldn't let me live it down if she knew you're doing this alone." She purses her lip and understood where her brother is coming from, giving in eventually, Theo pointed to the television and her brother's eyes beamed brightly.

"Make it quick, you wuss." He shuffled her short brown hair playfully as she tries to duck and shoved him away, ending with both of them having hairs sticking out in weird directions. "Are you going to help or what?!" Eric raises his hands in surrender and carried the television like it was nothing. How could the man not be when he's got the build of a quarterback.

Theo followed after with a couple of boxes in hand, seeing her brother mount the television on the wall before they went back and forth much quickly, and them successfully retrieving all the items on the back of her truck. Both siblings slumped on the sofa while Eric opens the television, the neutral vibe of her new surrounding envelopes them rather comfortably. "Do you still think this is a great idea?" Eric asked her with much concern on his voice. He worries about her sister too much that if it's up to him, he wouldn't let her live alone.

"Eric, we've talked about this." She muttered, "We've agreed that since I'm now a hundred percent fully capable human, I'd be fine on my own." Her eyes darted away from some music show on the television and on to her brother who she knew would've been still deadass worried about her well being. No one—not even her could be sure things could go back to what it was. Not after seeing her like that.

He only sighed as he receives a message, and after a while stood up to fix his things. "I've got a meeting in a few. I trust you'll call when anything happens?" She smiled playfully but her brother was not having it. "I'm serious, Theo. Call us if something feels weird, or if you feel—" He stopped his brother from rambling when she pulled into a hug, one that reassured him she'll be just fine.

"I will. Now go ahead, wuss." He shuffled her hair once again, giving one last kiss at the top of her head as he went on his way and Theo left all alone now in her messy apartment.

She never felt weird about her relationship with everyone in the family. She used to hear about siblings fighting almost endlessly whenever they could, of how they showed love in their almost nasty treatments to each other. She once had that, before. Eric and her never agreed in everything, never had a full conversation like they just had today, and had never expressed so much worry towards her over the years. But one thing happened that changes everything in her life. One where she loses and gained things she hadn't thought she will after that.

Hours and hours later of unpacking things neatly organized in every boxes, her apartment felt much homey than it was previously. The beige walls of her apartment helped enunciate the yellow almost themed of which she specifically chose. Yellow tones of utensils in her kitchen, a painting of Van Gogh at her wall which showed gold and yellow sunflowers, and her duvet that's also the same color one would think she's a very bright person. All her stuff placed on their designated household items, frames mounted on the wall or at the side table beside her bed, her room which she had placed her newly bought marble table and intended to use as study, and some rugs for the living room that worked perfectly amidst everything.

This was how Theo wanted it to be, and how she wishes to see herself for years of having to suffer from something so unexpected she never expected all this was still possible. Theo never... expected she'll ever—ever come back up from something she almost gave up on.

After a long exhausting while, with a chinese food at hand and a bottle of cola, she indulged herself in front of the television while she chooses which shows she'd love to watch while she eats alone in her safe place. She'd change channels once in a while, going about live news or streams, but one particular channel she skipped on just as fast had caught her attention. Theo was reluctant to go back to the very same channel, her hands frozen on the box of chinese food and the other with the remote. She couldn't bring herself to go back. But the urge at the back of her head was so strong it went beyond the capabilities of still stopping herself.

She flicked back to that channel and all blood seemed to have sucked dry on her face. The hold on the remote tightens, her heartbeat twice as fast like it's been before—and her anxiety creeping up under her skin. She sat there, inches away from her television as she watches a female interviewer, interview a man in his twenties, dirty blonde hair falling into his shoulders, a smile so charming and adorable tears were starting to brim in her eyes, that voice—oh how could she ever forget about that voice?

"You know, Trish, people come and go. If you go and find the woman of your dreams, there could be that high possible of choosing one that's never meant for you. The best answer I could give to everybody now is that... I'm not currently looking forward to date or to love someone other than my family. I wanna wait and prioritize Petunia— take her out on a date first before anything else."