10

*・。*゜・。・o゜・。*゜・。・o*゜・。・o*

Theo didn't acquire any hobbies after her long battle from the illness which is why she's stuck at home, looking for something better to do while waiting it out for her personal hell to start tomorrow.

She ended coming up short of ideas that the next best thing on her mind was go to the diner and eat out a rather frustrating disappointment for not being able to find anything good to do other than think about that vocalist or look back to their memories.

She grabbed her keys, drove straight to her favorite place, and sat that at a familiar booth which smelled of everything nice and sweet. Of all the days she's had at the diner, never had she felt the loneliness radiate through her. All she could look back on was that dimply smile of that blonde boy sitting right in front of her playing with the straws, talking to her about the random topics of things, and telling her how beautiful she even though she's an absolute mess.

Luke—Luke will tell her she's the most amazing thing that ever happened in his life and she's gonna brush it off as if it didn't fluster her to near death. And he'll laugh, one that sounded like a sweet melody in her ears and he'll pick up her hands, kiss her palm, and remind her every day that he loves her with all his heart.

Theodora shook her head, her eyes watering she almost felt dumb about recalling a memory far in the distant past. "Can I get you anything?" The waitress successfully pulled her back to reality and she fumbled around on the menu, her eyes skimming the list until—a call reverberated from her packet.

She excused herself to the waitress and went out to answer the call from her boss—apparently. "Kat? Hi! Everything good?"

[Hey, Theo. Nope—it isn't. I need you and Kyle at the office right now.]

"Is something wrong?"

[There's been um—some developments. I'll tell you once you get here.]

Kat didn't wait for answer and she didn't ask furthermore when she hurried to her car. Forgetting about ice creams and milkshake when she started her engine and went to drive to the office.

It would've easily been a breeze—if she didn't decide to open the radio on the way there and filled her with a sense of dread. "Next up on our list! The 5 Seconds of Summer with their brand new single, Old Me." They released a new song. Theo hadn't realized she turned up the volume when her ears were practically tuned in on the song. "Shout out to the old me..."

Luke Hemmings' voice hadn't changed now and then and the way he sang seemed so perfect in her ears. Luke Hemmings was damn near perfect. He's everything all she ever wanted and wished for and wanted all her life. And Luke Hemmings is out of her grasp once again.

Theo could vividly remember the day she first saw him. He was so far from who he is today. So far from the man he's about to be yet she knew he was going to be a very important part of her life. And he is—and he had been. Even after all the hurt—he still had a special place on her heart. One that's she knew was not gonna go away for the rest of her life.

Theo was sure of it.

When she reached the office, her feet bounded up the stairs two by two until she found Kyle outside the conference room leaning on the door while checking his watch. "Kyle? What's up?" She greeted, the boy smiling up to her before his head bobbed to the frosted glass doors.

"Kat says something about an urgent meeting." Theo nodded as her partner pushed the doors and they entered, seeing Kat and other production heads already sitting at the long glass tables. Seeing the two, their boss nodded up to the two remaining seats and once they settled in, she began and cleared her throat.