32

"Is it true?! Are you and Luke really in a relationship since day one?!"

After Luke Hemmings drop the big bomb on Paris, it was—crazy. Though crazy doesn't even suffice the number of people shock by his little revelation. We caught the attention of the media, every publishing magazine, their whole fanbase, and possibly even the people that knows us personally. Top it all up with their new publicist who never caught on the old news—and was livid, to say the least.

Some might say they expected it, what with our actions already a bit obvious than we thought it was, but some did not expect it at all and the number were greater than former.

I sat there that day, dumbfounded, couldn't find the right words to say when he finished their gig and ran to the backstage to stop dead in front of me. Everyone was looking at us from that moment, the media wanted to get an inside scoop soon when their cameras started flashing and I could remember being led out by the boys all while Luke held on my hand so tightly behind it.

It was scary, at least for me, to think that our own little secret was out in the world for everybody to know. I've always loved it behind closed doors that now we're out in the open, it was overwhelming, a little bit exciting, and also I was frightened of what's going to happen next.

Maybe I just expected it to be a secret just—until I could come clean with the truth. But now, with the pressure of everyone else around us—and an expectation I didn't know we have going on our backs, the more it frightened and kept me anxious to my nerves every time I see Luke and know there was still something I'm hiding.

Even now, when the band and I are sitting in a circle together with their publicist, my nerves were going haywire. "The good thing about this is that crowd approval is at 90%. It's enough to let it be. No need to do anything about it now other than my advise that you two should stay lowkey in the meantime. Just until the tour is over. No one posts about it, no one says anything about it." Everyone nodded and we dispersed soon as the meeting was over and my head felt close to exploding.

Luke offered a hand to me that I sighed and accepted it, following behind the band until we left the hotel's conference room and up to our rooms. Me, specifically, at Luke and Calum's shared bedroom. "You good?" I managed to ask Luke. The day of talking to everyone took a toll on us, mostly on him because he still needs a lot of rest before we finally go back to London for our last month and their final performances.

"Yeah. I'll get by." Cal went straight to his room while I guided Luke on the sofa. His head automatically crashing to the pillow on my lap and his eyes, closed with dark bags under it. "I'm... sorry." He murmured.

"Why?"

"For this. I know the last thing we needed is stress on tour and I made it happen." I brushed his hair away and sighed.

"I'm not mad at you, Lu. I just—I worry, alright?"

"I know. But I stood there, and—and I thought about it real hard. And all my mind focused on was how much I was gonna be so proud telling the whole world you're mine." Tears formed in my eyes that I drew close and kissed the tip of his nose. "I've always wanted to do that. Always wanted everyone to know how lucky I am."

"I'm the one who's lucky, Luke. Really lucky." He intertwined his hands with mine that as soon as he sighed, was I lock in a position to watch him sleep all while my hands flickered to his curly hair. I feel like I was floating in the clouds, living the dream. Everything seemed perfect even though things like this has happened. There's really nothing wrong about what he did. If more, I was relieved he still feels the same way.

I wish I could still say the same after the talk.

"Is he asleep?" Calum emerged from his room in his boxer shorts and tank. His hands carrying glasses and whisky with it that I shook my head with a small laugh.