38

*・。*゜・。・o゜・。*゜・。・o*゜・。・o*

Two days and we're home.

Two days. I actually—cannot believe it.

We only have two days to tie this tour up all together before we go back home to Sydney and do one last closing performance, and then, it's all over.

I can't say I'm excited to end this, really. I'm a sentimental person and I've always loved holding on to memories safely like a gem. This three months have been nothing but a wild ride, one I wouldn't change for the world all because it was worth it. Standing here, right in the middle of the stage knowing things will all be alright was enough to fill in the gaps of almost three years. Funny that, how things mend when everything is nice and easy. How easily I forgot about the empty parts of my life because I'm happy now.

"Theo! I've called you for like—ten times already!" My attention veered over Kyle's voice behind me as I went back to Earth and realized the drum tech has already finished testing out the instrument. I shook my head, clumping my ears together as that sound really took me off into deep space.

"Sorry, I have tinnitus!" I say, blowing bubbles in my ear before focusing on what he was calling me for. "What's up, Jimenez?"

"Kat wanted us to meet an important addition on tour."

"What? Really? On the last leg?" He nodded, guiding me backstage where we went on to walk amidst the setup team still working all over the place. The boys are safely lounging on the bus while we're called ahead on to scout the place and look for stills we could use as fillers for the diaries itself.

"Yeah. I know, right? Just for today though. The guy's from vevo and he wanted to film a live full concert version here on the O2 with us. To upload on their hosting stream—because, you know. Advertising. And she wanted us to meet their team before the gig starts."

"Where are they?" Kyle halted his steps that I crashed on his back, wondering just why he did that when he turned on me with a really sheepish smile.

"There." My eyes met Kat as soon as we went out of the stage, out back to the parking lot where there's a tent already set up nearby and where people I don't know stood there with their backs on us while equipment sprawled on the ground. "Hey, Kat!" I quickly looked over at the bus, the boys still nowhere in sight that I sigh. I wasn't gonna see Luke anyway because of the whole rule so that's gonna have to wait for a while.

"Oh, good! Come!" We circled on the tent and stood just right behind our boss before finally welcoming our guests—and I did not expect this at all.

I really did not.

Oh, no.

"Theo?!" No way. I'm dreaming, right? Right? "Holy crap. Theo!" The man standing in the middle who wore this really expensive button down—add colorful at that, and jeans, and those already worn down converse waltzed right in front of me—and hugged me. "Where the hell have you been?" Kat looked at me just as the man was full on hugging me, I raised my brows, not knowing how to fully assess the situation when Kyle did the honor of clearing his throat.

The man pulled away with a very knowing smirk on his face—and memories of who he was rained down on me instantly. "Gavin. What are you doing here?"

"You two know each other?" Kat finally asked, looking at me that I merely shrugged, feeling a really huge lump on my throat.

"Yes! We've worked with each other for two years with 5SOS. We're really great friends." Well...