PART 40

"But why would she want to go back to where it all fell apart?" Mikayla asks. "To get revenge on her mom and dad." Morgan asks. "But, her parents died 3 years ago." Adrian said. "What? No. Reports here say that they're still living in 1132 Little County in Georgia." I say.

"Maybe you got your reports wrong, stupid bitch." Madelyn says. "Pardon me? I may have almost murdered my husband's friend, but at least I wasn't such a bitch about it and apologized after. Unlike you, Madelyn, I apologize for my mistakes. And my name isn't stupid bitch, it's Agent Y/N to you." I frown.

"You two need to get your shit together. We're 5 hours away from Georgia and we have a little over 2 hours to get Ailee back here to New York before someone else dies. Now, Y/N, may you please go recheck the files?" Mikayla asks. "Yes ma'am. Be right back guys." I smile. "Okay, we're leaving in about an hour." Mikayla asks.

After cleaning up, I begin walking out of the conference room, until my arm was grabbed. "Whoa. Hey! Let me go." I shout. Whoever it was covered my mouth and dragged me into the conference room. "Shush! Shut up. It's me, Madelyn. I just wanted to talk." Madelyn says. I was astonished. The one girl on the team who seemed to hate me since I got here, wants to talk? That's suspicious, that's weird. "What could you possibly want to talk about with me?" I ask, rolling my eyes. "I just wanted to apologize for the way I acted before. You seem very intelligent and I'm glad you got the spot on the team." Madelyn smiles and begins walking away. 

"You mean to tell me you dragged me into this conference room to apologize? Ma'am, we have a suspected murderer on the run and you're apologizing to me right now? You must not have your priorities set straight. This isn't time. Thank you very much for the apology. I appreciate it and all, but it's not that important. The plane leaves in fifteen minutes. Don't be late." I smile as I pat Madelyn on the shoulder. 

I shake my head while exiting the conference room. I stop at the coffee machine because my energy has been low today. I had had my back turned the front desk so I couldn't see anything behind me. But, something was off. No, someone was off. I felt a really hot glare from behind me. Being the ballsy person I am, I turned around to confront whoever it was that was staring so hard it made me scorching hot. 

It was a co-worker I had never met before. He wasn't the most attractive, but I heard from others that he was a genuine sweetheart. "Oh, hey Melvin! Do you need something? Is everything okay?" I ask, trying to make conversation so I don't cause a scene. Melvin Cosby has been working in the force for 15 years now. He has ADHD, PTSD, and severe anxiety. You may be asking me how I learned all of this and well, I may have done a little research and back ground checks on all my co-workers. 

Melvin just continued to breathe heavily. He avoided eye contact at all times and always bit his nails which is normal for someone with severe anxiety, but something was wrong. Melvin was acting like he knew something. Or was about to have an episode. "T-they're coming for me. I can hear them. THEY'RE COMING FOR ME MARY!" Melvin shouted as he ran around looking for protection or somewhere to hide. 

"Melvin, who's coming for you? Are they dangerous? Do we need to go on lock-down?" Alex, one of the snobby dickhead co-workers, laughs hysterically. "This isn't funny, Alex. Something could be seriously wrong. Maybe instead of being such a dick to him, you can help me figure out what's wrong. Melvin, who's Mary?" I ask. Melvin rocks back and forth with his head tucked into his knees. "Mary? That's my wife. They took her. And they're coming for me next." Melvin cries. I look up at Alex and back at Morgan. They shrug. 

"We're going to find her, okay? I promise. Now, can you go back to your desk and try to sketch a picture of her for me? We might be able to put out an amber alert or something." I pat Melvin's back. "No, no! It won't work. You can't let them know you're looking for her. They'll kill her." Melvin shouts. "Who is they, Melvin? Do you know them personally?" I kept trying to get answers. It may not work, but it's worth a try. "He is my worst enemy," Melvin pauses, "My father." 

"So, your father took your wife Mary? Why would he do that?" I ask. "Because she is against all of his beliefs. She's an atheist. She doesn't believe in God. And he hates her for that." I could see that Melvin was trying his best to keep himself together. "What's his name?" Alex asks. "Huh? Who's name? My name is Melvin Richard Cosby." Melvin says. Questioningly, I stare at Melvin. "No, Melvin. We know who you are. But what is your father's name? We can track him down." 

"Oh no, that's impossible. He changes his identity every week. And he only uses cash. There is no "tracking him down". He'll track you down." Melvin then lashes out at me and chokes me. "Melvin! Stop, let Y/N go. She did nothing wrong." Alex says as he places his hand on his gun. "Yes she did! Ever since this little bitch showed up, nothing has gone right! Mary was taken because of you." Melvin smacks me. "No, Melvin. Your father did this. She has nothing to do with it. Now, let her go or else I have to taser you." Madelyn says. Everyone had been watching this event go down. Trying to fight back wasn't a good idea since everyone has a gun on them. One wrong move and I'm dead.