PART 24

"Honey, you can't just leave us. Rose needs you. I need you. Please don't go." Wooyoung argues. "I have to go babe. I could put you and Rose in danger and that's the last thing I'm going to do." I snap back.

"Mommy, where are we going? Disneyland?" Rose asks. I choke on my tears. "No honey. Mommy is going a long business trip. Daddy is going to watch you until I come back." I kneel down to kiss her cheek.

I reach for my keys and pepper spray. Wooyoung grabs my arm and looks into my eyes so furiously that my legs felt like jelly.

"You can't and won't go. If I have to tie you up downstairs, I will if that'll keep you from leaving." he says. "If I stay, and the police come here and find me, they'll take Rose away from us because you hid me instead of turning me in. Then Rose will be put up for adoption. And I can't have that on my chest. I have this already." I shed tears.

"So don't. Don't take the blame for it. Disguise yourself. Dye your hair and change your hairstyle or something. It works in movies." Wooyoung scoffs as he pulls me into a hug.

I started to think that maybe it would actually work. My hair is a light brown, almost hazelnut colored. If I dyed it black and changed my whole appearance, I should be fine.

"I'll do it. But if I get caught still, I'm screwed." I smile at Wooyoung.

I loved my family too much to leave them. But I'm not, so it doesn't matter anymore.