PART 44

I was tired from working so much. But this case was so important to me. Finding the crazy bitch who killed my friend is all I want. I need to bring Kelly's death to light. But how? How would I show people that Kelly's death is tragic and should be acknowledged? The poor thing...

"Hey, Y/N? Can I talk to you? If you aren't busy of course." It was Josh. "Josh? What are you doing back in New York?" I get up, spilling my coffee all over my files. "Oh, fuck me," I murmur. "If you're offering, haha." Josh laughs. I stare at him. I scoff as I began to clean up my spilled coffee. "You're supposed to be in Georgia right now, Josh. Not in New York trying to fuck me." 

"It's about Ailee." Josh's voice deepened. "What about her? Did you find her?" I stopped cleaning, looking up at Josh. He had come a little closer to me than before. Handing me a manila folder, Josh frowns. I open the folder only to see very graphic pictures of Ailee hanging from a tree. I gagged, dropping the folder. My hands started shaking. It got harder and harder to breathe. "Y/N, you okay?" Josh moves towards me. "Get the fuck out..." I whisper.

"What?" Josh looks confused. "I said get the fuck out!" I yell, my voice cracking as I dropped to the floor, covering my face in my knees. Josh begins walking to the door to my office, opens the door, looks back at me, then leaves. She's dead. Ailee is dead. Our main lead to finding out what happened to Kelly is gone. What am I going to do now?

"Y/N-" "GET THE FUCK OUT!" I shout, throwing my coffee mug at the now shut door. The sound of shattering glass pierced my eardrums. "I have nothing. No lead. No evidence. God damn it!" I stand up and look back at the pictures. "Poor girl.." I frown. She was so nice. Did she really do this? Did she kill Kelly? Or did someone else kill Kelly and Ailee?