PART 42

I get out of my car since I had just arrived to work after a long weekend of nothing but research and attempting to get information on Melvin and his wife, Mary. I take out my phone and dial Josh's number. "Hey. Is everything okay? Do I, I mean we, need to come back?" he asks. I laugh. "No dumb-ass. I just wanted to see how everything was going out in Georgia." Placing my phone on my desk and turning it on speaker, I proceed to look into Mary. "It's going fine. Ailee knows we're here. She's leaving us clues. But, they all involve you in some way." Josh says in a frustrating tone.

"You sound really mad. Everything alright?" I ask as I stop typing on my computer. "No everything is not alright. You're the only lead we have in finding Ailee and you're steady fucking around with that Wooyoung bitch. You do understand we have a psycho roaming the streets in Georgia, right?" Josh says. I look at my phone before replying. "You do understand I'm trying my best to stay on the team, right?" I ask. "Yeah, well maybe you should have stayed with Wooyoung and Rose. We don't need you here. You'll just drag us down with all of your problems anyway." Josh says and hangs up. I turn my phone off as I didn't need distractions.

"Wow. What a fucking day. Shouldn't even of picked up the fucking phone in the first place." I sigh in a sort of laughing tone. A knock appears on the door to my office. "Hey, so I have some information on Melvin and Mary. I know I'm not working on any cases right now, but you're doing it all alone and I figured you would need help. I'm not saying that you can't do this on your own, I just wanted to help. I'm sorry for talking so much. I don't know anyone here but you." this girl says. She looks about nineteen or in her mid-twenties.

I look up at her and smile. "I'm Y/N, the liaison. And you are? I've never seen you around before." I gesture my hand to her. "Oh! Where are my manners? I am so sorry. I'm Aria Lasorsa. I'm new here. It's such a big place. Um, but here are the reports on Melvin and Mary. Sorry for not having them sooner." she frowns. I pat her shoulder. "Hey, hey! Don't worry. You're new here. I'll be your supervisor. I appreciate the thought, by the way. I needed the help anyway. Would you like to help me?" I ask.

A burst of excitement lights up in Aria. "Yes! Please. Oh my goodness. It would be an honor to help you, Ms. Jung." Aria smiles. "How do you know my last name? We all go by first name here." I ask. Aria ignores me. "I'm not going to ask you again. How do you know my last name?" I ask aggressively. "I may have done a little digging. And seeing you with that hot hunk of junk outside earlier made it pretty obvious. Gosh, if you're going to date a singer, try to be a little more secretive. You're welcome for the files, by the way." Aria smirks as she gets up and walks away. I don't know where this snobby bitch came from, but I'm not liking her being here.