PART 48

Seonghwa and I began walking to the cab. I was scared but excited. Did they find her? Or did Wooyoung plant that phone and leave after making that call? So many things were running through my mind, that I didn't hear Seonghwa talking to me. "Y/N, do you think they found her?" his eyes were puffy from crying. His nose was runny from the cold weather. "I hope so." I give him a reassuring smile and hold his hand. I get goosebumps from how cold his hands are. I look over at him but he was already looking at me. 

"Why are you so cold? Do you want my gloves?" I ask, taking my gloves off, and handing them to Seonghwa. He declines. "No, you need to stay warm. I'll be ok." Seonghwa smiles at me while he puts my gloves back on my hands. He holds them for a while. I see his eyes glisten. I tilt my head. "You okay?" I ask. He shakes his head. "You should have been with me. Not San or Wooyoung, me. I would've never treated you like this. You don't treat people that you love like the way Wooyoung treats you. That isn't love, Y/N." he says. 

I nod in agreement. I was speechless. This is how he felt about us. "Why didn't you choose me? Rose is biologically my daughter. It's literally on her fucking birth papers. You know that." he continues. I nod again, looking out of the window. He grabs my chin and makes me look at him. "Look at me. You do know that. She's mine. You both are. I have always loved you, Y/N. So deeply in love with you. But you were too busy being wrapped around Wooyoung's finger to realize it." Seonghwa says, letting go of my chin and rolling his eyes. He began looking out of the window. 

"Seonghwa... I didn't know. I'm sorry. I was too wrapped up in this fantasy that Wooyoung and I would be the perfect family with Rose." I pat his arm. Jerking his arm away he says, "Rose is not Wooyoung's fucking child. How dumb are you? I keep telling you to stop letting him take her. He isn't hers, Y/N. I'm her father. I deserve to have my child, not him. If I must take you to court to prove that to you, then so be it. I'm not letting some scumbag of a "step-father" be allowed near or even 500 feet near my daughter. Get your head out of your ass and look at reality. It's Rose and I or Wooyoung. Choose one and choose wisely. Because you might not see her again if you choose him." Seonghwa says, opening the cab door, paying the driver, then slamming the door. 

"Hey, you asshole!" the driver yells. "Suck a dick," Seonghwa says, flipping him off. "I am so sorry. Here's a twenty as a tip." I smile, getting out. "I hope you find your daughter. I'm sorry such a nice lady like you is going through this. Hopefully, God watches over you and your family, ma'am." he says. I smile and say, "Thank you so much. Drive safely and stay warm." my eyes began watering, but I wiped them away. I felt so warm hearing him say that. I have hope now, more than I did before that I was going to find our daughter. Whether I died trying or not.