PART 43

I take my phone out to call Josh. It takes a while for him to answer, but he does. "Hey, umm, did you know we had a newbie, Aria?" I question, looking down at a file I had opened. "Yeah everyone does. Did you not know or something? She seems really nice." Josh claims. "Well, Ms. Perfect knew me before I could even introduce myself. She also mentioned Wooyoung. He and I kept our relationship private. How she got that information, I don't know. But she has a bad vibe to her. And she knew exactly where to find me and that I needed files for the case. Dude, I don't like this at all." I say as I look at the door. Aria walks past, looks at me, smiles, and continues walking. 

"You will be fine, Y/N. Stop overreacting. Maybe she did research or got information from the dark web. You know there are sickos on there. Anything is possible. How is the case going?" Josh asks. I couldn't speak. Aria walks up to the door and stares at me. 

"Y/N? Hey, you okay? Y/N!" Josh screams into my ear through the phone. "Yeah yeah. Rose is doing good. I have to go. I love you, dad. Bye." I hang up. I raise my hand, gesturing for Aria to come in. "Yes? Is everything okay?" I question. 

"Oh yeah! I just wanted to know if you wanted to grab some lunch or dinner later after work. Also, I apologize for the way I acted earlier. That wasn't very polite. Friends?" Aria suggests. I grab her hand and shake it. "Yes! Of course. And don't worry about it. Everyone has their days." I say.

"So, is that a yes to lunch or dinner. Or both?" Aria smiles. Maybe I'm misjudging her. I know nothing about this girl and all I've been is rude, I think. "Yeah. Hell yeah! Oh, my apologies for cursing. Haha, but a bacon, egg n' cheese bagel sounds so good. Is 5 o'clock okay with you?" I ask. 

Aria nods before replying with, "Yes, 5 o'clock is fine.  I might need to pick up some groceries on the way home. Would you like to come over for dinner sometime?" Aria questions. "Whenever I am free, just give me a call. Oh wait, you don't have my number. Haha, here let me give it to you." I put out my hand for Aria's phone. She places it in my hand. I begin putting my number in while she twiddles with her fingers. 

Judging by the way she avoids eye contact, stutters sometimes, and twiddles with her fingers, she has social anxiety. "Hey, do you have anxiety or something of the sort? I notice you twiddle your fingers a lot." I ask as I finish up putting my number in her phone. "It's a habit, sorry. But, yes I do. I avoid eye contact, twiddle my fingers, and-" 

"And you stutter. Have you tried getting seen for it? My grandma is a retired doctor but can give you a check-up. Only if you're okay with it, though." I imply. "Thank you. I appreciate that so much. I have to go or else Al will yell at me for not getting his coffee. Ugh, men wouldn't be able to function without us women, I swear." Aria leaves. Hm, that was.. different, I thought to myself.