PART 41

"Melvin, just let her go. I'm the one you want. I told your father to take your wife." Alex says. I look at Alex. He just nods. "What? What are you talking about?" Melvin's grip on my throat slowly loosens up. "I took her. I took Mary. She's back at my house in my basement, tied up and helpless." Alex smiles to make Melvin believe him. "You dirty lying bastard! I trusted you. And you took my wife?" Melvin drops me and reaches for his gun. Madelyn fires twice causing Melvin's body to drop. "We need a paramedic." Madelyn shouts. 

"You okay, kid?" Josh says. I nod. "Yeah, my neck just hurts a little. But, we have 2 cases now. I promised Melvin I would find Mary. So, you guys go on without me." I smile. "Y/N, the plane leaves in 5 minutes. Are you sure?" Josh asks. "Yes I am. Besides, I need to get my neck checked out. If you guys need any dirt on Ailee, let me know. I know too much about her." I pat Josh on the shoulder as I walk away with one of the paramedics. 

"You seem perfectly fine. It might bruise a little, but that's about it. If you feel anything, make sure to see a doctor okay?" the paramedic asks. I nod and smile. "Thank you." I thank the paramedic. She smiles and walks away. As I'm getting up, I see a familiar face walking into the department. "Wooyoung? What are you doing here?" I ask. "I came to see you. We need to talk. Right now." Wooyoung says seriously. "I can't right now, Wooyoung. I'm on a case." I say. 

"The fuck do you mean you're on a case? Since when did you become a cop?" He looks at me questioningly. "They gave me the opportunity to become one if I fessed up information about one of the people they were looking for that I had connections with. And I took it. Wooyoung, it was either serving life in prison for attempted murder or snitching and getting out. You would have done the same. You're making it sound like I can't do this." I scoff. "Because you can't, Y/N. You aren't built for this kind of CIA shit. You know that. Our daughter needs you. I need you." Wooyoung says. 

My eyes grow wide with anger. "So, you think that because I went psycho and almost killed your best friend, you can lose all hope for me to turn my life around? Mkay. Well, say hi to Rose for me. Tell her that mommy loves her very much and will come see her when I can. Okay? Bye." I wave at Wooyoung and begin walking away. "Your grandmother died, Y/N. Last night, I got a call and they told me she died in the ER. And that you were unreachable at the time. So, what were you doing at 8:30pm last night? Seeing someone else? Hm? What was so important you couldn't pick up the phone?" Wooyoung's voice kept cracking. I could tell he was hurt. I felt almost sorry for him. 

"The FBI had my phone. Like I told you before, I had connections with a suspect in another case. So they counted it as evidence. Sorry for not answering. But what the fuck do you expect me to do, Wooyoung? They had me in handcuffs in solitary confinement. I couldn't do anything." I yell. "Lower your fucking voice before you make a scene." Wooyoung puts his finger over my mouth. "I will do whatever the fuck I want. I am a free woman as of today. We're breaking up. I don't know who you've been fucking or what's gotten into you, but this isn't the Wooyoung I fell in love with. I'll see you in court." I cry as I walk away. 

"Yo, you okay?" Alex asks. "Yeah. Just overwhelmed and tired. That's all. You?" I reply. Alex nods. "Yeah, but um, there is a guy under the name Wooyoung outside at the front desk waiting for you. Says it's important." Alex says. I roll my eyes. "For fucks sake!" I storm off, slamming the conference room door behind me. I see Wooyoung and charge straight for him. "Listen, we are done. Do not call, text, or email me. I don't want to here from you unless you are dropping off Rose or picking her up from my house. Please leave. I have a case to work on." I state. Wooyoung nods. "Is that what you really want? Because I can call my lawyer right now and I'm sure you won't win custody over her, you fucking psycho." Wooyoung says. 

I spit in his face. "Whether I win or not, she is still my fucking daughter. And I will do anything, and I mean anything to see her." I voice. "Ha, you're real cute, you know that? But, darling, you won't see the light of day as long as I'm alive." Wooyoung wipes the spit off of his face. I grab his tie he was wearing and pull him closer. "Then I guess I have to kill you huh? Leave now before I have you escorted by the police. That wouldn't look good for your reputation now will it, babe? No, no it won't. So, be smart about this and leave while you have the chance." I let him go and walk away. 

He grabs my hand but I jerk away. He then pulls my hair and grabs my throat. "Yeah, you remember how you used to scream my name when I did this? Don't forget it, bitch." Wooyoung releases me and I start coughing. He spits, walks away, and gets into a limo. I take a picture of the license plate for the restraining order I will be filing.