PART 29

2 MONTHS LATER

"Ms. Jung, are you aware you could have severely injured or even killed Mr. Choi?" asks the judge. "Yes sir. I understand." I reply. "And you know what could have happened if you went with it, correct?" asks the judge. "Yes sir." I nod.

I could see Wooyoung and Rose sitting in the front row of the court room. I could see the worry in her eyes. I missed my family. My home. My friends. But we all have to suffer for our actions right?

"On the night of your arresting, why did you try to escape?"
"I was scared. I didn't know what to do. I just, I just didn't want to be taken from my daughter."
"Ma'am, I'm afraid you've already done that. There is no getting out. Once you're in, you're in. There is no leaving or escaping. You serve your time of 2 years, maybe 1 depending on your probation, and you can get out." says the judge. I nod. "So I won't see my daughter ever again?" I sniffle, fighting back tears. "You will be able to have visitations. But only 1 a day." the judge says.

"I guess that isn't so bad. I'll do my time. After all, I deserve it." I wipe a tear. "Ms. Jung is sentenced to 2 years in prison. She will have the choice of probation. But she must obey the rules for 6 months. Court dismissed."

As the officer was walking behind me to put my cuffs on, I looked up and saw Rose frantically screaming and crying. I hadn't heard her since I blacked out. "Rose, baby, listen. Mommy will be ok. I promise. You can see me everyday. I love you." I let the tears flow. There was no point in being an introvert and fighting tears when deep down, it irks me knowing I had the perfect life and a single slip up ruined it.