Chapter 21: (Y/n)'s Sectret pt 2

Danny's POV

I helped (y/n) clean up her house a bit and helped bake a cake. We talk a lot but I couldn't get anything out of her. I didn't want to stay too long, afraid of what her dad would say if two teens were home alone.
After all the preparations were complete, we decided to kill some time playing a card game. (Y/n) told me she and her dad made this game up.
"So, how you play is by rolling the dice and moving your piece to where it says. You pick up a card, read it, and then answer it truthfully. If you refuse to answer, you get penalized. Understand?"
"What's the penalty?"
(Y/n) evilly smiled. "You'll see. Muahahaha!"
We played the game for a bit and I haven't gotten any penalties, but I did let out some embarrassing secrets. I stopped to ask what a blank card meant.
"Oh, right! You can ask whatever you want!"
"Can I ask what secret you're hiding from me?"
(Y/n) sighed. It was almost a sigh of annoyance.
"Just tell me the truth."
The door opened and heavy footsteps came in.
"(Y/n), I'm home!"
Her dad was home already?!
We locked eyes. I was shaking. We had sort of met before but this time was different.
"Is this a friend?" He asked.
"Yes, sir, I'm (y/n)'s friend. I was just keeping her company until you arrived."
"Oh, you're the Fenton's kid, aren't you? Darren?"
"Danny, sir."
"Right!"
"Did you find anything?" (Y/n) asked. Her dad glared at her.
"No. But I'd rather talk about that later when it's just the two of us."
"Right." (Y/n) said then looked at me.
"No, no, you two can finish playing your game. I'll be in my office."
After he left, we sat in silence for a little bit.
"So, you haven't answered my question." I said.
"My secret is..." she hesitated to finish the sentence.
"Ilikeyou!" She blurted out. I was stunned.
"W-what?"
"I. Like. You." She said slower. Her face turned red and mine did too.
"You... like me?"
"I shouldn't have said anything, I'm sorry." (Y/n) stood up to leave.
"Wait, (y/n)!"
"No, I know you don't feel the same way. That's why I was distancing myself from you. I didn't want to come between you and Sam, but then I said that stupid thing, and—"
"I like you too!" I shouted over her rambling. It was enough to get her to stop and look at me. My face was heating up. The way she looked at me, hopeful and happy yet scared. I took her by the hand and said it again, "I like you too."
We both leaned in closer, ready to share a kiss, but she pulled away.
"I'm sorry. I-"
"It's ok. We don't have to."
We finished our game, and I finally figured out what the the penalty was... and trust me, you do NOT want to know.

A/N: WAS THIS REALLY THE SECRET (Y/N) HAS BEEN HIDING? WHAT WAS THE PENALTY? FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z!!! Probably not though!