Chapter 8: You're the Loser Not Him

Your P.O.V

"W-what?" I asked again and for what felt like the millionth time, Danny repeated his words slowly so I could understand.
"My sister made arrangements for you to stay with us while your dad is away." I was sure I was misunderstanding but everytime he repeated himself, the were the same words over and over again.
"Tell him that you're not interested! Tell him no!"
"O-ok..." I reply. I'm sure if my ghost half could, she would be banging her head against a wall. The bell for class rang.
"I'll tell you all the details in lunch." Danny says. I nod and head to class.
"You're an idiot."
"Yup."

During lunch, instead of going through the torture of sitting in the cafeteria, I decided I was going to take my meal to the bleachers. Nobody went there during lunch so I was glad to have a nice somewhat quiet place to think. (Also, I was trying to avoid Danny).
My thoughts had went to a fantasy world where I was normal and my mom was alive and my dad wasn't scared of me. I was happy and had many friends. I imagined myself having a boyfriend. He'd be cute, kind, strong, and--
"Hey, (y/n)." I jumped at the sudden voice that spoke beside me. I whipped my head and saw Danny standing next to me. When he saw I had acknowledged him, he sat next to me. "What are you doing out here?" He asked. I wanted to tell him my real reason for being out here, but I don't think he'd understand. I stuttered and then shrugged. He turned his head sideways as if he were a confused dog. "You don't have to be so nervous you know." He spoke. Before I could reply I heard a feminine voice belonging to Paulina herself.
"Yoohoo! New girl! Can I talk with you?" I walk towards her, scared that she might be trying to pull a prank on me. "I heard that the football team were picking on you." She says before pausing. I glance around wondering if that was all she was going to say. But the she continued, "Since I'm the most popular and prettiest girl in school, I have decided to let you be part of the cool kids. You're just the right amount of pretty to not be prettier than me and just the right amount of smart to not be a nerd!" She says cheerfully. I try to tell her that I don't care for high school popularity, but couldn't find my voice. Paulina looks over my shoulder and sees Danny sitting on the bleacher. "If you're going to be one of us," she says as she takes hold of my wrist-- "Uh-oh."-- "then you're going to have to stay away from losers like him!" She starts dragging me away from Danny. At this moment, I don't care that I'm being dragged off, I'm just trying to control my ghost half from killing her!

My eyes shift colour to a red hue. My ghost half is now taking control over my voice and partially my movements. I pull my arm away from her grasp.
"Um, excuse me, who do you think you're calling stupid and ugly?! And who are you calling a loser?! The only loser I see here is you! Only losers bring people's self-esteem down to feel better about themselves! Only losers care about what other people think! You're the loser, not him!

"That boy, though I don't know him well, is not a loser! He tried to help me the other day when I was being bullied and, though I was mean to him, he still tries to help me! And at least I don't have to rely on looks to get me friends! I'm not a spoiled, shallow brat like you. I don't care about popularity, you can take it and shove it down your throat!"

By the end of my tangent, Paulina had already been crying. My eyes went back to its original colour and I had full control over myself. "I...I'm sorry. I took it too far..." I apologise.
"Why are you apologising?!"
"BECAUSE YOU TOOK IT WAY TOO FAR!!"

     Paulina ran away crying. She most likely would end up telling Lancer or something and have me in detention, or worse! I let out a big sigh as I shove my hands in the pockets of my grey hoodie. I sat back down, but farther away from Danny.
"What was that? Where did that come from?" He asked.
"Sometimes I just have outbursts like that." I reply. It's not like I lied completely though. After a moment of silence, we both jump at the sound of someone clearing their throat.
"Ms. (L/n), would you please come with me?" Mr. Lancer said in his monotone voice. I stand up, give Danny on last glance, and follow Lancer.

Let's just say I'm not allowed back in school for a while.

(A/N: HEY GUYS! SORRY FOR THE SHORTER CHAPTER! I'LL HAVE ANOTHER UP HOPEFULLY ON SATURDAY, IF NOT, I WILL PUT IT UP ON SUNDAY! QUICK QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS AND I REALLY NEED YOU GUYS TO COMMENT/VOTE. WOULD YOU PREFER THE GHOST HALF TO BE CALLED "LOVE" OR OTHER? "LOVE" IS IN REFERENCE TO THE ORIGINAL VERSION OF THIS BOOK, WOULD YOU LIKE TO KEEP THAT NAME? IF NOT, COMMENT A NICE NAME FOR THE GHOST HALF! I'LL NEED A NAME FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!! THANKS! SEE YA LATER!!)