Chapter 6: Welcome to Casper High

Danny's P.O.V

As I walked inside the school building, I immediately see Dash harassing another student. There's a big crowd around the area, so I couldn't see who it was. That didn't matter to me though. No one deserves to be bullied by Dash.
"Leave them alone, Dash!" I shout. All the attention is now towards me.
"What are you going to do about it, Fenton?" Dash mocked. He walked towards me and sized me up. Dash then shoved me inside a locker. After the whole school laughed at me, the bell for class rang. No one had come to get me out yet so I figured everyone had gone. I phase through the locker and straightened myself up.
A few lockers away was a student who sat on the floor, hugging their knees. They wore black jeans and a great sweater with their hood on. I hope they didn't see me phase through the lockers.
"Hey. Are you okay?" I ask, crouching down to their level. I realise that the student was a girl. And not just any girl. The girl who's dad came over to talk with my parents! I think her name was (y/n).
"I have to get to class." She said quickly and tearfully. She stood up and ran off before I could get to her.

At lunch, I couldn't help but feel bad for her. It was her first day and she was already being bullied. I just wished she didn't run away like that. I'm brought back from thoughts when something hits my face. I wipe away the slop and turn my attention to both Sam and Tucker.
"I'm sorry, what?" I say.
"Dude, what's got you down?" Tucker asked.
"The new girl. It's day one for her and she's already being bullied."
An uproarious pit of laughter echoes in the cafeteria. Everyone is pointing and laughing at (y/n). It seemed as if someone tripped her and dumped food all over her. All she's doing is sitting there with her head down. Her (hair colour) hair masking any emotion that might show.
"Danny, calm down." I hear Sam say. I don't listen. I march over to (y/n) and help her up. I lead her into the empty halls of the school. She followed as if she were lifeless.
"Why do you let yourself be bullied and laughed at?" I ask. There was a short silence. A whisper escaped her lips. I ask her politely to speak up.
"I don't need you to be my hero." She said slightly louder.
"I was just trying to help." I say. (Y/n) ran away again. This time out the school building. I imagine she went home to her dad. I just hope she's ok.

Your P.O.V

     It was my first day of school and already I was being bullied!

     After running out on Danny again, I went to the park. In the park, there was this big old tree. I place my palm in the trunk and and begin to climb it. Once sitting on a thick branch, I pulled out my phone from my back back pocket and headphones from my backpack. I scrolled through my play list and pick a song that I felt suited this situation. The song I was immediately drawn to was "What A Catch, Donnie" by Fall Out Boy. I carefully lay my back against the tree and let one of my legs hang off the side. All the sound around me dissipated until all I could hear is the song.

I got troubled thoughts
and the self-esteem to match. What a catch, what a catch.

You'll never catch us
So just let me be
Said I'll be fine
Till the hospital or American Embassy
Miss Flack said I still want you back.
     My eyes get heavier. As the song continues, I could feel all my troubles and worries fade to the back of my mind.

"Hey, (y/n)!" I hear muffle shouts. I open my eyes and remove my headphones. I look down and see three figures. I rubbed my eyes and look again. I see Danny, a guy with glasses, and a goth.
"Are you ok?" Danny shouted. I jump off the tree and walk towards them slowly.
"I'm fine. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get going." I say.
"Would you mind if we walked you home?" Danny asked.
"Yes."
"Well, I really just wanted to say, 'welcome to Casper High'. And if you need anyone to hang out with, you can tag along with us."
"Thanks." I say as I take my leave. When I know they can't see, I let out a small smile.

"What are you smiling for?"
"Hm? Oh, nothing."

(Author Note: I would suggest you check out the song! It's beautiful and sad and I love it! I love Fall Out Boy and the Folie à Deux album! Thanks for reading!!)