Chapter 17: Stop!

Danny's P.O.V

I woke up on the sidewalk, sitting against a wall. My head hurt and I could barely remember anything. I felt so tired, and my vision came and went. When I finally was able to focus, my eyes caught the sight of Missy. I wondered what she was doing. That's when I noticed the other ghost.
Missy seemed different, she seemed scarier and much more powerful.
"H-hey!" I called out. "What's going on?" I was ignored. I saw Missy shoot a energy blast at the other ghost, but missed. It decimated a building, that people were most likely in. And that's when I noticed that there were a lot of other buildings destroyed. So many people could've been hurt or worse!
"Hey!" I shouted again. "There's people in that building!" I was still ignored. Missy didn't seem to care if people got hurt. What made her snap?
I got up, my body felt heavier than usual, but that didn't stop me. I hid in a safe place and transformed.
"Missy!" I called out. Before she threw another energy blast, I flew between Missy and the ghost she was attacking. I noticed her eyes were all black and she was red with anger. It scared me just to look at her.
"Get out of my way!" She roared. "This ghost must learn to not hurt my friends!"
"But you're hurting others!"
"I don't care!"
"Missy, I said STOP!" I shouted. Missy's eyes turned red. I guess that calmed her down for now.
"Tell me what happened."
"I possessed a boy, her friend. She was able to make me leave his body, and when I did, she started attacking me." The other ghost said, she seemed very shaken up. "Please, just send me back so she won't hurt me."
I took out my thermos and sucked her in.
"NO!" Missy yelled.
"Missy, you need to calm down. Your friend is fine! We can just go look for him and I'll prove it to you."
Missy let out a scoff in unbelief.
"You're the friend idiot!"
"What?"
"My human half, you're her only friend! You've helped her, you were kind to her. She saw you were in trouble and was so overwhelmed with anger and worry that she let me do what I wanted to the ghost who hurt you."
"But I'm fine! No injury at all."
Missy looked me over from a distance. I could tell she was still very angry and ready to destroy anything. I had to calm her down.
I flew closer to her slowly.
"Why don't we head to the roof over there and talk things out?" I suggested. "I could show you that I'm not hurt at all."
I was nervous. One wrong move and it was all over. It was as if I was approaching an agitated tiger.
"Fine." She agreed. Her eyes turned a royal blue.
As we both set foot on the roof, I let Missy take a better look at me. She let her hand rest on my chest, over my heart, for a minute while she closed her eyes.
"See? I'm ok." I said calmly. Missy opened her eyes again and they were brown.
"Don't make her worry again. The next time she allows me to use all my strength, I will not hesitate to get rid of anyone who gets in my way."
"I can't make any promises, but I will do my best. It would help if I knew who I was trying not to worry though."
"You're not getting me to spill the beans, Phantom."
"Hey, before you go, I just want to make sure you're ok."
"She's ok. Rather, she will be."
"I'm not talking about her, I'm talking about you."
Missy didn't respond. She gave me a blank stare before leaving. I sighed as I looked out at the destroyed buildings. I did a quick search and rescue on my own before leaving. Surprisingly, there were no deaths. But there were over 100 injured.
If I didn't want this to happen again, I had to make sure I didn't make someone worry too much. But, who?

(Sorry for the short chapter!! Thanks so much for reading!)