Chapter 7: Arrangements?

Danny's P.O.V

     After (y/n) left, I decided to head home as well. Sam and Tucker would've stayed over, but they had a lot of homework to do. As I walked inside, I was greeted with the smell of freshly baked cookies. It smelled too good to be something Mom or Dad made. Entranced by the smell, I ran into the kitchen. A plate of cookies sat unattended on the table, but before I could grab one, a hand smacked mine away.
"Those are not for you." Jazz says.
"Who are they for then?" I asked rubbing the back of my hand that stung a bit.
"The new girl at school. I'm going over to personally welcome her to Casper High. You should come with me, she needs more friends her age, and, frankly, so do you." Before I could escape, Jazz had me by the collar of my shirt, dragging me through the streets.

     Jazz walked up to the door and knocked as I stayed behind her, out of sight. There was no answer so, Jazz knocked again.
"Looks like no one's home. Let's try again tomorrow." I say. Jazz rolled her eyes at me and knocked a third time. Finally, the door opened just a crack. (Y/n) poked her head out.
"May I help you?" She asked in a soft, timid voice.
"Hi, my name is Jazz and this is my brother Danny. We'd like to welcome you to Casper High and hope you'll accept these cookies as a token of our friendship." Jazz smiled. I wonder how long it took her to perfect that speech. (Y/n) looked at the plate of cookies as if she'd just seen an all-you-can-eat buffet table with gourmet food as far as the eye can see. She invited us inside and took the plate of cookies. Jazz and I sat on the couch and admired the decór. The furniture, vases, and wallpaper seemed to be really expensive. I wondered how they could afford it all.
"This is a nice place. Did your mom make all the arrangements?" Jazz asks. (Y/n) stiffened for a bit.
"N-no... She couldn't have, she's dead."
"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know." Jazz apologises.
(Y/n) shakes her head and continues the conversation, "I designed it myself. I like aesthetics." She shrugged.
"Where's your dad?"
"Away..." She simply said. She grabbed a cookie and took a bite.
"He left you all alone? With no guardian watching over you?" Jazz asked with shock.
(Y/n) nodded like it was no big deal, "He does this all the time. He'll go away on 'business' for weeks or sometimes months at a time and come back."
"Don't you get lonely?" I asked. (Y/n) stiffened again. Then shrugged. "All I really need are me and my thoughts."
"Well, I can't let you, an underage child, stay here without adult supervision!" Jazz declared, "I'll make arrangements!" My sister grabbed my arm and we made our way to the door. "Nice meeting you!" Jazz said before shutting the door behind us. As she and I walked home, I asked what she meant my "I'll make arrangements". I never got a response and now I fear what she's going to do.

(A/N: HEY-O!! ANOTHER CHAPTER UP! WOOHOO! I'M HAPPY A LOT OF YOU REALLY LIKE THIS STORY AND ARE PATIENT ENOUGH TO PUT UP WITH ME. I'M SORRY THIS WAS A SHORT ONE, BUT AS I SAID, I HAVE A SMALL WRITERS BLOCK AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO WORD IT SO IT'LL FLOW. I'LL TRY TO HAVE ANOTHER CHAPTER UP AS SOON AS I CAN! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK JAZZ MEANS DOWN IN THE COMMENTS! STAY FROSTY ROYAL MILK TEA!!)