"Do you guys serve breakfast?" He asks and I nod.

"We have breakfast sandwiches." I point to the glass display and he looks over with a smile. He seems a bit out of breath.

"Oh, good. I'm from out of town and my family and I have been trying to find a breakfast place."

I smile, nodding not knowing what to say.

"How many are you?" I question.

"About seven of us. Let me go get them." He says and rushes out of the store. I see him and a line of people following him. They're a little routing all speaking over each other. They eventually calm down.

"Sorry about them." He says.

They all order and he's the last one.

"So what do you think is the best thing on the menu?" He asks and my eyes widen and I turn to look at the menu.

"Umm, maybe the bagel with cream cheese, turkey, and tomatoes?" I question.

"You sure?" He laughs.

"Try it." I assure him and he gets two of them.

"You're new here, aren't you?" He questions and I turn to him.

"What?" I question. He's leaning against the counter as he watches me make his sandwich.

"It's just that you had to look at the menu in order to tell me what's good." He shrugs, "Usually when someone knows they blurt out the best thing."

"Observant." I say as I spread some cream cheese.

"Are you from around here?" He asks.

"Yes and no?" I question more than answer.

"My family is heading down to the park trail in a couple of hours if you want to join us." He offers.

I look down at my apron, before I can answer him and Sawyer is right beside bagel boy.

Sawyer maneuvers the guy away from the counter, rudely as he demands for more coffee.

"Less ice." Sawyer says. I grab the cup from Sawyer with a slight glare. He's not going to move from that spot until I fetch him his coffee.

"I would love to but duty calls." I point to my apron and bagel boy nods.

"Maybe next time." He says as I hand him his bagel and I nod. Sawyer doesn't look at bagel boy, but he does make an impatient noise with his pen.

"Can I help you?" I question, arms crossed.

"I found a hair in my coffee." He pulls out a curly long hair.

"We both have curly hair."

"Mine is black. Yours is..." He stretches his arm and places it on my head, comparing the color. "Bingo." He says, he raises both his eyebrows.

"Do you want me to make you another?" I blankly ask.

"I'll pick you up at one." He announces causing the family peacefully eating to turn.

He packs his things and leaves.

"I don't think curly liked that I was flirting with you." Bagel boy says. I laugh and quickly cover my mouth.

"He doesn't care."

"Well, the bagel was the best bagel I've ever had. Thank you." He says and he leaves a tip in the jar before waving goodbye and walking out with his family.

"Bye Lola see you on Monday." I wave goodbye but she's too busy rolling dough.

I exit the baker and Sawyer is leaning against the wall.