Chapter 39

Nash's P.O.V:

"Liv, I need to talk to you," I nervously smile.

"Sure, what's up?" She smiles casually and sits down.

"I'm moving to California," I say lowly, but I'm positive she heard me.

"Wh-what?"

"Cam, both of the Jacks, Matt, Carter, and I..." I run a hand through my hair nervously and think of a way to say it nicer, "are moving to California," I mumble, barely above a whisper.

The look on her face tells me that she's about to cry.

"How could you do this to me?" She begins to cry, and I immediately feel regret wash over me.

"It's not like that. I didn't mean to hurt you," I begin, but she doesn't let me finish.

"Just because you didn't mean to, doesn't mean that I'm not hurt," she crosses her arms over her chest.

"Liv-" I try to explain, but she cuts me off, once again.

"No, Nash. I don't wanna hear it. Have fun in LA, living with your friends. Have a fucking wonderful ass time living my dream." Her voice gets louder and it cracks, and she storms upstairs, not even letting me explain the rest of the story.

I call Cameron, explaining everything that happened. He said he'll come as soon as possible.

About five minutes later, there's a knock at the door, and I open it, expecting to see Cam.

It's not; it's her friend Mary and Zach, and two guys I've never seen before.

"Is Liv in her room?" She frantically asks, obviously worried.

"Um, yeah," I open the door wider for them, confused on why they're here.

Hayes comes inside from outside somewhere.

"Did you tell her?" He slips his shoes off.

"Yeah," I mutter, waiting for Cam, needing him to hurry the hell up.

"How did it go?"

"She's upstairs crying. Mary and some guys are here, and she is probably never going to forgive me. God, I am such a horrible brother. She didn't let me finish telling her the plan, but I don't think she'll wanna go through with it," I sigh frustratingly and run a hand through my hair.

I hear light but loud steps on the stairs, and I hope it's Liv, but it's Mary.

"We need to talk," she hisses. "What did you do to her that she's upstairs having an emotional breakdown?"

"I told her that I was moving to California with my friends," I say simply, "there's more to the story, but she didn't let me finish."

"That's it? Why is it such a big deal, then?"

"She's always wanted to move out to LA. Every penny she found and earned, she's saved towards that. I also may or may not have told her that I didn't plan on leaving North Carolina anytime soon, now that Magcon is no longer around,"

"Okay, but you need to tell her what else is behind this. She's so upset, and it is upsetting to me to see that her heart is shattered because of this," she sighs.

"I know. I will tell her, I promise."

She nods and heads upstairs, as Hayes lets Cameron inside.

"I'm going to mom's office to talk to her. If she asks, I'm at Jc's. Hayes, you can explain what's going on," I slip my Vans on and head out before she comes downstairs.