Chapter 15

3 Weeks Later

Liv's P.O.V:

I just found out today that I can leave rehab tomorrow. I've been here for almost a month, and no one has come to visit me, except mom.

That was over three weeks ago.

I made lots of friends who don't like my brothers like most teenage girls do, so I can tell that I've finally made real friends.

I feel great, too. I haven't had any thoughts about cutting in a long time, and I don't cry myself to sleep anymore.

My therapist recommended going for runs, playing sports, writing my feelings and thoughts down, or taking a hot shower when I do have bad thoughts, and her ideas work really well.

I haven't seen or heard from my brothers or the guys since they left the hospital. They said they loved me and I was important to them, but I guess people and their thoughts change.

I mean, I've miraculously have changed, but for the better of me.

I occainsonly creep on their social medias, but there is nothing but positivity and pictures, videos, and tweets of them having fun.

They've changed, but they're not the people I used to know and love.

I have to say goodbye to my friends, and it's going to be hard.

It's going to be even harder now that my brothers are home now.

On the bright side, I can go back to school on Monday, and I can't wait!

I'm more excited than I thought I would be, and it gives me more time to stay clear of my brothers and their friends.

A lot has changed over this month and a half in rehab.

I don't think about hurting myself. I don't cry myself to sleep every night. I don't let other people's words or actions define me as a person anymore.

I think about how much of a roller coaster my life has been, and now it's at the top of the drop, the best part of the ride.

I get into the shower, and I change into my pajamas.

I'm coming home tomorrow, and I can't wait.

***********

Today's the day!

I am excited to go home and go back to school, but I'm not excited about seeing my brothers or the guys.

Mom is picking me up at noon, and I'm packing up so I can leave.

It's noon by the time I'm done, and Mom is just on time.

She comes in the door, and she hugs me so tight.

"I missed you so much," she whispers, tearing up a little.

"I missed you, too," I whisper back.

We get in the car and catch up, by the time we're done, we are home.

There's six other cars that aren't ours in the driveway.

Holy shit. They're here.

"Mom, I'm gonna go to the basketball court for a while, I um, I need t-"

"I know, you don't wanna see your brothers or the guys right now, I understand sweetheart. You take as much time as you need, okay? I'll take your bags in for you," She hugs me and kisses my forehead.

"Thank you," I hug back.

I sprint to the basketball court and sit down. I haven't been home in forever.