Chapter 18

Liv's P.O.V:

I go back to school tomorrow, and I need to make an excellent first impression.

For my clothes, I choose a bright pink tank top and Capri's, with a knitted sweater over it and grey Vans.

I'll just curl my hair, and put on my good luck charm, a silver necklace with a basketball on it.

I get my backpack and stuff together, and then I go downstairs to find something to eat. The guys went over to O2L house to film, so I'm alone, but I'm okay with that.

I grab some Bugels and Nutella and plop down on the couch. After I overload in calories, I grab a Gatorade and throw my shirt on the floor and head outside to shoot some hoops in the driveway, there's finally no cars there.

I throw a ton of layups, long-ranged shots, and attempt some dunking, but I'm too short.

The ball bounces off the rim weird, and it goes into the street. I go to pick it up, and I see a very cute boy walking on the other side of the street.

What the hell am I saying? Liv Grier doesn't let boys stop her, she practically lives with twelve of them.

I shake it off, because I probably look too disgusting to be noticed by someone who looks, like him. I pick my ball up and head back into the driveway. I play some music through my phone and my Beats pill so I can actually hear it.

I hear footsteps and, but maybe they're just passing by. Whatever.

I keep shooting and working my ass off until I hear someone next to me.

"You go to Davidson Day?" the same cute boy from earlier and a group of cute guys are in my driveway.

"Yeah, do you?" I stop and walk to my Gatorade and drink some.

"Yeah, I just moved here from Minnesota, but I'm a sophomore," he looks me up and down.

"Same. I'm Liv Gr-"

"I know who you are, your brothers are those Viner guys. I'm Zach," he looks into my eyes.

Shit. He knows who I am. Is that a good or bad thing? Do I like Zach? He's basically a stranger.

"Yeah, those are my brothers," I let out a small laugh. "When did you move here?" I change the subject.

"Just a few days ago, oh! By the way, these are my friends, Alex, Luke, Jake, and Ben," he points to all the attractive guys in his group.

I look at all of them with a blank expression, and they all smirk.

"So, um, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the fair next Saturday? I mean if you have plans, I unde-"

"I would love to," I smile and he lets out a sigh of relief.

"Can I have your number?" He laughs a little.

"Yeah, here," I hand him my phone and he enters it in.

"I gotta go, but I'll definitely text you. See you at school, Liv," he smiles at me and I get butterflies like crazy.

"See you," I smile back and they all go to their little conversations, so I go back to practicing.

About ten seconds later, Nash's truck, Taylor's Range Rover, and Cameron's Corvette come into the driveway, one by one.

They all get out of the cars and walk over to me, and Nash smirks down at me.

"What's got you all unicorns and rainbows, Nasheypoo?" I say with a serious tone.

"You were talking to guys," he smirks at me and I laugh.

"Fucking stalker?" I question him and the guys chuckle.

"What's his name?" Hayes speaks up and gets close to me.

"Wouldn't you wanna know?" I have plenty of sarcasm to go around.

"Yeah, what's his name?" Cameron asks angrily.

"What the hell is your guys's problem? For serious, I can talk to whoever the fuck I want. It's none of your business, and I don't have to tell you," I snap at them and they look taken back.

"If you must know, I'm going to shower. I suggest you don't bother me unless you want your arms thrown out the window," I growl at them.

I drop the ball and go inside, not waiting for their response. I run upstairs, lock my bedroom door, and get into the shower.

I wash my hair, face, and body, and I shave my legs and armpits. The blazing water feels great on my aching and tired muscles.

After I get out, it's already almost five, so I change into an old softball t-shirt and black shorts. I just lay in bed until Cameron comes in and needs to use my shower.

I go to Mom's room and set an alarm so I'm not late tomorrow. I lay under the covers and drift asleep, tomorrow's a big day.

I feel the bed dip behind me, and someone grabs me by my stomach and pulls me into them. I immediately know it's Nash, I recognize the smell of his cologne.

I pretend I'm asleep, but he knows I'm faking.

He holds me and I drift asleep again.

"Liv, I'm sorry," He mumbles.

"I know," I sigh.

"Do you want some food?" He mumbles again.

"No, I'm so tired, I just wanna sleep," I whisper.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow," he kisses my cheek and gets up, closing the door behind him.

I quickly fall asleep in the warm, comfy bed.

*******

"Cause the players gonna play, play, play, and the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, baby I'm just gonna shake it off, sha-" I shut my alarm off and groan.

Today's the big day, I go back to school! I change into my outfit, put my lucky necklace on, and go to the bathroom to curl my hair.

After that, I go downstairs to eat. I eat some Fruity Pebbles and put a lunch together.

I eat my cereal, and Hayes comes down and eats.

"Can you drive me?" He has cereal falling out of his mouth.

I nod, "But hurry, I don't wanna be late,"

I grab my bag, phone, and keys, then I'm out the door.

I drive to Hayes's school first, then I wait for the day I've been dreading and looking forward to the most.