Chapter 30

Liv's P.O.V:

When I get home, I put my bags in my room, and I go downstairs and watch TV.

There's not really anything on, and the guys out somewhere, except Hayes. He's at a friend's or something.

I put The Proposal on from the DVR and make some popcorn.

I am really tired, so I lay down on the couch and get comfy, that way there, I can just sleep down here tonight.

I am almost asleep, but the loud 'ding' of the doorbell reawakens me.

"Hey," Will smiles.

"Hi, come on in," I smile and hug him.

"Where's Nash and Hayes?" He sits on the couch.

"Nash is probably out, at a party. Hayes is at a friends' house," I plop down beside him.

"I'm really jet lagged, so I'm gonna go to bed. See you in the morning," he smiles.

"Night," I yawn and lay down on the couch.

I continue the movie and lay down again.

My eyes slowly close and the darkness of the room soon blends in with my mind.

*********

"Liv, wake up," someone whispers.

I don't move, and I just drift back asleep.

"Liv," the voice says again.

I don't respond.

Then, a blowhorn goes off, and I jolt awake.

"What the hell? I almost pissed my pants!" I hit Hayes's arm.

"Nash and Will wanna talk to you," he laughs a little.

"Um, okay," I sit up and realize that I'm in my room.

How did I get here?

I trudge down the stairs to find Nash, Hayes, and Will in the kitchen, talking in hushed tones.

"What's up?" I poke Nash's side and he playfully glares at me.

"Why aren't you packed yet? We're leaving tomorrow!" Nash sorta yells, in a slightly harsh tone.

"Yeah, about that," I trail off.

"What?" Nash demands.

"Iamnotgoingtoarizonabecausedadwouldntcarethatimnotthereandmarysaidicouldstayarherhouse," I say in one breath.

"English, please," Hayes, along with my other brothers, give me puzzled looks.

"I'm not going to Arizona, and I'm staying at Mary's instead," I shrug.

"You're coming, Liv. You don't have a choice," Will plays 'dad', like usual.

He thinks scolding me will convince me to go? He's crazy.

"I'm not going," I plainly state.

"Yeah, you are," Nash has frustration clear in his tone.

"No, I'm not. Dad wouldn't give two shits if I showed up or not," I snap.

"Stop being so selfish," Hayes pipes in.

"I'm not the selfish one. Last time I checked, I wasn't the one who left the family for years, got married, and only saw his sons. He cared more about how y'all were doing than seeing the fact that his daughter tried to end her life," I coldly laugh, "Dad doesn't care about me, he never has, and he never will." I sigh.

"He does care," Will said, barely above a whisper.

"He cares about the kids that matter; he is all about Nash and Hayes on Vine and going around the country for MagCon. He is all about you playing football for you school. Guess what? He leaves me behind every time, and I don't mean a thing to him. Why the hell do I need to go see him and pretend that he cares, when everyone knows he doesn't?" My voice cracks and there's a lump in my throat

No one says anything.

"That's what I thought," I sigh and run upstairs.

I grab a pair of basketball shorts and tennis shoes, and put them in a slingback.

I put a sports bra and a t-shirt on with some yoga pants, and I grab my car keys and sneak out the door.

Once I get to the gym successfully, I enter my card in and change into my shorts, and head to the only place where home is.

The basketball court.

It's empty, so I can freely move around without running into anyone. I plug my headphones in and start dribbling the ball.

Eventually, all my thoughts about Dad and the bullshit my brothers tried to pull earlier today stream out of my mind.

I make yet another free throw when someone taps my shoulder.

I turn around and see Carter and Matt. 

"Hey," I slightly smile.

"Does Nash know you're here?" Carter narrows his eyes at me.

"No, and if you tell him," I think of a threat, "I'll sit on you," I smugly smile.

"Yeah, that'll scare the shit out of me," he sarcastically puts his hands up in surrender.

"Don't tell him. I'm mad at him," I plainly state.

"Why?" Matt presses.

"I don't wanna talk about it. That's why I'm here," I sigh and look at my feet.

"Okay, we'll cover for you," Carter smiles.

"Cover?" 

"Nash texted us to tell him if we saw you," he shows me the text on his phone.

"He can suck my ass, because I'm fucking pissed off at him." I roll my eyes.

"You shouldn't swear like that," Matt tries to scold me.

"Guess what?" I gasp.

"What?" They both say in unison.

"I don't give a fu-" I get cut off by my phone ringing, it's Nash.

I let it ring.

"You gonna get that, or?" Carter trails off.

"It's Nash, so not gonna happen," I sigh. "Not to be rude, but why are you here?" 

"To get fit, duh," 

"Funny. Why are you here? Y'all look like you are going to Canada," I judge their winter coats.

"It's cold as hell outside?" Carter says, more like a question.

"Like your souls," I retort. "Nash sent you here, didn't he?" That motherfucker.

"No," Matt says in a tone a little higher than usual.

I sniff the air. "It smells like lying bastards in here,"  I shout.

They chuckle to themselves. 

"If y'all wouldn't mind, I'm gonna go run around the track for a little while," I put the basketball back on the cart, and I wipe the mild amount of sweat off my forehead. 

"Yeah, sure," Matt nudges Carter, and they both give me a very suspicious smile. 

"Yeah, bye," I mutter and leave them alone in the gym, and head to the track.

I put my phone in my bra, and start jogging around the track.

I mentally sing along to What I Like About You by 5 Seconds of Summer and pick up the pace, but I run into someone, and it feels like I ran into a fucking brick wall.

"What the hell?" I look up and see Cameron.

"Come on, we're leaving," He grabs my hand and helps me up.

"I'm busy, but tell Nash to leave me the fuck alone when you report back to him," I spit at him and turn around.