Chapter One

Liv's P.O.V:

"Liv, can you come help me?" My brother, Nash, pops his head in my bedroom door as I'm doing homework.

"I'm busy," I sigh, not looking up from my laptop.

"Please, Liv? I need your help,"

I roll my eyes. "Fine. But ten minutes. Then the backyard is mine," I get up.

Our backyard is big, so we have some spots for basketball, then we have a volleyball court towards the back. We have a lot of open space for softball and football practices.

We walk to the backyard, and all the boys are there. When they see me, they smirk. I can't stand them.

"You have ten minutes," I say to no one in particular.

"You're just gonna film our water balloon fight that we're having on the basketball court," Nash nonchalantly shrugs, picking up a bucket.

"No, no no! You can't use the basketball court! Dude, pick somewhere else." I demand.

"Um, no. We're using it." Nash argues back.

"Hell to the no you're not! That's my area, and you are not going to use it."

"Fine. Let's race there. If you get there first, you can have it, if I get there first, we can use it for filming." He says, thinking that he'll win.

He's never seen me run or play sports, so he will obviously underestimate me.

"Okay, you're on," I smirk.

"READY, SET, RUN!" Matt yells, and I take off.

I'm ahead of Nash, and I'm barely even trying. I make it to the court way before he does. I grab a ball and start shooting some hoops.

"H-h-ow did you run that fast?" He asks, out of breath, and astonished.

"Well, I moved my legs in a fast motion like this an-"

"No shit. I mean, like how did you take off like that and beat me?"

"Cross country, bitch." I smirked.

The guys came over and watched me shoot hoops. I plugged in my speakers and played some music on Pandora.

I put my stations on shuffle, and I just kept practicing.

"Liv, come here for a sec," Nash yells.

"I'm practicing, leave me alone!" I screech back at him.

I dribble the ball and make a halfcourt shot and I feel strong arms grab me.

I'm thrown onto a shoulder. "Put me down," I growl.

"Do you even eat? You weigh less than Hayes." I recgonize it as Gilinksy's voice.

"Jack, seriously, put me down. I need to change and practice," I try to get out of his grip.

No answer.

"Jaaaaaaaack," I whine. I feel my feet touch the ground again.

"Thanks," I yell as I go into the house to change.

I throw my shirt to the ground and put on a neon blue Under Armour sports bra, Air Jordan Basketball shorts, and my Nike Basketball shoes.

I throw my hair in a pony tail and race down the stairs and back to basketball court.

Nash, Hayes, and their friends are playing football in the backyard. I run past them and I don't make eye contact.

When I get to the court, my ball is gone.

"Nash, where did you put my ball?" I say, frustrated, as I walk over to him.

"It's a secret," He smirks.

"I swear, you have five seconds to give it back, or I'm gonna wipe that stupid smirk off of your face."

"I can't give it to you, sorry."

I groan in annoyance. It gets his friend's and Hayes's attention.

"Hamilton Nash Grier give me the fucking basketball back now." I tackle him to the ground and sit on his stomach. I pin his arms down and repeat myself.

The guys start cracking up.

"Fine," He sighs.

I get off him and he grabs it from inside the house.

"Asshole," I mumble as I walk away.

"That's no way to talk around wittle Hayzeyboo," Johnson says.

I sigh and run to the court. I turn my music up loud but, I am so concentrated that I tune it out.

I play for a few hours and when I'm done, I'm drenched in sweat.

I go inside the house and see my mom's home and all the guys are in my kitchen eating pizza.

"Hey mom," I slip my shoes off.

"Hey, sweetie, how are you?"

"Fine," I go over to grab some food, but my mom stops me dead in my tracks.

"You need to shower before you eat," she says.

I groan and run upstairs and hop into the shower.

After I'm done, I put on some basketball shorts and a basketball muscle t-shirt with a neon green sports bra underneath it.

I run downstairs and grab some pizza. I get looks from my brothers, as I just dig in without greeting them.

"Take a picture, it will last longer." I say and they stop staring.

"What's your problem?" Nash harshly asks.

"You don't wanna know," I mumble as I walk past him.

I trip over his foot. "What the fuck?" I push him down on his butt.

My mom walks in and she separates the fight. "What happened, Liv?"

"Well first, I was busy on my computer, and he pressured me into filming another video, and then he thought that they could do a water balloon fight on the basketball court! Then I got there first, fair and square, and then he hid the ball, and then he decided to be an asshole and trip me and cut my arm open. But of course, he will get away with it, like always, because it'a always about him." I storm away and slam my bedroom door shut.

He never gets in trouble for anything. He's the favorite and it's obvious.