Chapter 37

Liv's P.O.V:

It's been two weeks since Nash and Hayes found out about the Bart thing, and they've bounced back on it.

Dad started a management team for Hayes, Nash, Cameron, and Carter.

All the guys quit MagCon, Shawn is on tour with Austin Mahone, Fifth Harmony, and The Vamps, and Jack and Jack are going on the Digitour.

There's been so many events, it feels more like two years than two weeks.

I can't help but feel like they're all hiding something from me, but the second I ask, they immediately change the subject.

Our birthday is over, we had a party, but I stayed at Mary's side the entire time, not really making any friends.

The girl's basketball season is coming to an end- unfortunately.

That makes it about ten times easier to keep up on schoolwork, but it also means that softball is just around the corner.

That's a plus.

Nash and Hayes are in California for some meet and greet thing with Carter and Cameron, Mom and Chad are with Skylynn at a play date, and Will went back to Florida after Nash and Hayes got the news.

It's just me.

I'm currently trying to shape up for softball by running in the neighborhood, making it five miles.

Saying I'm tired would be an understatement.

I'm fucking exhausted.

I finally reached my goal, so I jog home, immediately jumping into an ice-cold shower.

My legs are up, music is blaring, and I'm creeping on Twitter, until I see a tweet that catches my eye.

@Nashgrier: House hunting is exhausting.

**********

Nash's P.O.V:

Bart was using us for money.

Making dreams come true was never what he wanted.

After finding that he was a sketchy ass scammer, Bart didn't call anyone about the issue- everyone called him.

Every one of us quit.

It killed us to do it, but it's what we had to do.

After people found out that none of us were under Bart's management anymore, we were constantly getting calls.

Shawn got a record label, now he's on a national tour.

Jack and Jack are on the Digitour, performing. Their tour is coming up soon, too. They got a record deal and started releasing singles two days after they quit.

Matt and Taylor are doing their own separate tours, managing their own meet and greets.

Aaron is singing, doing his own meet-ups.

Carter, Cameron, Hayes, and I are under a new management team, called MGMT.

We're slowly becoming a disconnecting family.

To prevent us from being split up, Dad suggested buying a house that all of us could live in, in California, where we can all be.

We all loved the idea.

Now, the hard part was finding a house that can fit over 10 people.

I feel awful, because I lied to Liv, and told her we were leaving for a meet and greet.

Not finding a new place to live.

Cam and I found a place that we can all live in, and possibly invite Liv to stay, too.

All the guys love her, and I honestly don't think I could go more than a week without seeing my baby sister.

"Nash," Cam nudges me, "I think we should get the city-view apartment,"

"Same," Gilinsky and Johnson agree over Skype.

"Hayes? What do you think?"

"I think the guys will all love it. I'm not living there, so I don't necessarily care," he shrugs, "considering that I'm probably gonna visit, I think you should get it,"

"Let's call Dad and tell him the news," I smile.

He picks up after a few rings.

"Hello?"

"Hey Dad, we made a choice,"

"That's great! What one did y'all choose?"

"The eight-bedroom apartment," I smile.

"I knew it was the one! I'll call the realator and set something up."

"Thank you Dad."

"No problem. I'll call you once everything is set up,"

We hang up and I smile like an idiot.

"WE JUST BOUGHT A HOUSE!" I scream and Cameron and Hayes whoop.

"I can't believe this," Cameron smiles and runs a hand through his hair.

"I'm pumped!" I high-five Cam, and Hayes looks kind of upset.

"What's wrong?" I frown.

"You just bought a house." He states the obvious.

"So?"

"What the hell are you going to tell Liv?" He furrows his eyebrows, "'Hey, sis, I bought a house across the country and I'm moving in with my best friends while you finish high school without me here!' Yeah, that'll get you absolutely nowhere. Except on her hate list,"

Cam chuckles, "Her hate list,"

"Shut up. You know, she'll be pissed that you lied to her to begin with, telling her that we're here for a meet and greet, when we're house hunting. What do you think is going to happen when you tell her that you, Cameron, Matt, both of the Jacks, and Carter are moving into an apartment in California?"

"Damn it," I huff, "I didn't think about that."

"You better figure something out if you want to stay on her semi-good side, Nash. She's been talking about and saving every dime she finds for moving to LA for years, but she's never done it. Knowing that you're living her dream and in her dream city will be like ripping her heart out and stomping on it right in front of her." Cam points out.

"Maybe I could convine Mom to let her do online school so she can move in? That's why we have the extra room," I think out loud.

"Sorry. You're on your own for this one. She scares the shit out of me when she's mad; it breaks my heart to see her cry. I can't deal with this." Cameron gives me a sympathetic smile.

"What are you talking about?"

"When Sierra moved out and went to college in New York, it killed me. Sometimes, I got to see my only sibling once a year- twice if I was lucky. I can't imagine seeing how Liv would react," he sighs.

I nod, understanding that it would hurt him to see someone go through what he did.

"Moving across the country and living some of her biggest dreams will really hurt her, Nash. She may seem strong, but she does have a breaking point. This just might be it."