Chapter 38

"...She may seem strong, but she does have a breaking point. This just might be it."

Liv's P.O.V:

"Wh-what?" I nearly choke on my own spit.

"Cam, both of the Jacks, Matt, Carter, and I..." Nash begins, running a hand through his hair nervously, "are moving to California,"

There's an indescribable burn in my eyes and throat.

"How could you do this to me?" I let tears flow freely down my face.

"It's not like that. I didn't mean to hurt you,"

"Just because you didn't mean to, doesn't mean that I'm not hurt," I cross my arms over my chest.

"Liv-"

"No, Nash. I don't wanna hear it. Have fun in LA, living with your friends. Have a fucking wonderful ass time living my dream." I bawl and go upstairs and dive into my bed.

I grab my phone and dial Mary's number.

"Hello?"

"M-Mary, I need yo-you to come over," I manage to say in between my sobs.

"I'll be over with Zach, Alex, and Ben in five minutes." She says before she hangs up.

Just as she had said, they were all at my house in five.

"What happened, boo?" She pulls me into a hug.

"N-Nash," my voice is barely audible, "he- he-"

"I'll be right back," she grumbles.

Zach is next to hold me tightly, making an attempt to cease my helpless sobs.

"Liv," he presses his lips to my forehead, "you're okay,"

I shake my head. "No I'm not,"

"It could be worse," Ben shrugs, "you could've gotten pooped on by a seagull,"

I giggle.

"There's that smile," Alex nudges me.

"I don't get why I'm sitting here, crying like a fucking baby. So what, he's moving to the city I've saved over thousands of dollars in work, birthday, and every penny I find for. So what, he's moving in with his best friends. I have my own backbone, I can do things, too."

"You're one for words," Zach chuckles.

"Seriously. If it weren't for him moving now or still never being home because of those MagCon tours, I would have been out of here a year ago."

I let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding in.

"There's gonna be bad things about it, but it's not like we can't fly there, he can't fly here, or we can't Skype and text. I won't have either of my older brothers to finish high school with, but they'll be happy. I guess if they're happy, it makes me happy," I mutter, biting my lip, stopping myself from saying something I'll regret.

Mary comes in, looking defeated.

"We need to head out," she sighs.

"I'm gonna talk to Nash. Alex, Ben, Zach, thank you. Mary, thank you; I would still be helplessly crying if it weren't for y'all." I smile, and hug them all.

"Love you, Liv," Ben yells.

"I'm right here, but love you too," I giggle.

They all exit, I send them all a 'thank you' text, and I look in the mirror.

My eyes are flaming red, my cheeks are smudged with tears and mascara.

Don't even dare to get started on the chaos on my head.

I just brush it out and throw it as a messy bun over my head, not caring at all.

After walking down the stairs to find Hayes and Cameron, Nash is nowhere to be found.

"Hey, how are you doin'?" Cameron gives me a weak smile.

"I'm okay, I guess. Where's Nash?"

"He went to Jc's," Hayes' normally deep voice goes up a few octaves and he suspiciously eyes the door.

"Hayes," I furrow my eyebrows together and narrow my eyes at him, "are you lying to me, too?"

"Pfft, what? No! I'm not lying!" His voice goes up again, and he starts laughing a little bit.

"You sound like a six year old girl," I mock his tone, "where is Nash?"

He stands there, fiddling with the bottom of his shirt.

"Cam?" I raise my eyebrows.

He gives me an uneasy smile.

"Where is Nash?"

"I- um, about that," he uncomfortably laughs and runs a hand through his hair, "we can't tell you."

"Right," I humorlessly chuckle, "I forgot that y'all were in on this, too."

"It's not like that, I swea-"

"Think what you want, okay? I don't give two fucks anymore. I'm going out," I grab my keys, but Cameron's forearm halts me.

"You can't go,"

"I can do whatever the hell I want, last time I checked, you weren't the boss of me. Even if that were the case, I still wouldn't listen to you," I step to the side, only to run into the wall.

"You. Aren't. Leaving." He says slowly, as if I don't have the metal capacity to understand him.

"Yes. I. Am." I cross my arms over my chest, the stubborn side of me taking over.

"Liv, I won't let you drive when you're this pissed off. It's dangerous." He steps closer to me, ensuring that I have no escape from his lecture.

"Cameron, I am seventeen fucking years old. I can do whatever the hell I want!"

"Olivia, I am nineteen fucking years old. I can tell you what to do, especially since you're gonna put yourself and another person in danger!" He mocks my tone, yet not putting any humor into it this time.

I sigh in defeat, knowing if I get past him, I'll have to get through Hayes, too. I can't outrun both of them when they're this close; not to mention that they both tower over me and are way stronger than me, too.

"Just let us explain," he says calmly, glaring at Hayes. "Actually, let me explain, we don't want any little girls slipping anything out of their mouths,"

I bite my lip to contian the laughter inside me, but once Cam looks back at me, my facial expression hardens.

"Please, Cameron, enlighten me on why the hell everyone's lying to me,"

"Liv," he runs a had through his hair for like the fifth time in ten minuets, "we're not lying. Nash has a surprise for you, and we've been helping him, because it'll benefit everyone else that is involved. Please take it easy on him; he's stressed and pulling a lot of strings to get the approval for it."

What could he be up to now?