Chapter 33

Liv's P.O.V:

Today's the day I've been hoping would never come.

I'm going to Arizona on this fine ass day.

In Mom's words, I'm going to 'patch my relationship with dad up', but let's be serious here.

We both know it's NOT going to happen.

I'm currently supposed to be eating the bagel in front of me, but I'm drowning in my thoughts, not even acknowledging the fact that I should be eating.

"Liv!" Nash yells and snaps in my face.

"What?" I annoyingly ask.

"Eat up, we're leaving soon."

"I'll get sick if I eat before the plane ride," I lie, "y'all can have it if you want it," I shrug and excuse myself from the table.

I pack my phone and charger in my carry-on bag, and then Mom calls us down.

We haven't been on speaking terms lately, but every time she's tried to talk to be, I ignored her.

I honestly couldn't care less about it, though.

Maybe if she actually gave me a fucking choice about what I can and can't do, I'd be a tiny bit happier with her.

I've been ignoring everyone except for Mary, and we've been texting nonstop for the past three days.

I have probably said about thirty words to everyone in my family in that time period, and I've been in my room for the majority of those days.

Everyone's noticed, I haven't been on any social media, I haven't been eating as much, and I haven't been talking.

We all get our luggage in the car and Will sits up by mom, and I'm sandwiched in between Nash and Hayes.

By the way, it is not comfortable at all.

To: Mary 😎

Just got to the airport. I'll text you when we land in hell.

From: Mary 😎

K. Ily😽

I slide my phone into my pocket, and Mom gives us the 'be nice and be safe' lecture.

"Bye, honey. I love you," she hugs me.

"Bye," I bluntly reply; no emotions are shown whatsoever.

She says her goodbyes, we get through security, and we wait for our plane to start boarding.

I get a seat next to a window and Hayes, then Nash is on the end, and Will is three rows ahead of us.

"Can you help me with my Spanish homework?" Hayes gets a piece of paper out of his backpack.

"Seriously?" I huff.

"Yeah. Nash can't speak Spanish for the life of him, Will hasn't taken it since sophomore year. You're all I have left," he lightly laughs, and Nash shoots him a rude glare.

"Fine," I roll my eyes, "I'm not doing the entire assignment for you, though. I passed Spanish 1 in seventh grade,"

"Seriously?" Hayes pouts.

"She's not stupid," Nash reaches over Hayes and pokes the the top of my head.

"Just because I don't carry straight C's and call it stellar on my report card doesn't mean I'm the next Einstein." I shrug.

"Okay, so I'll ask you questions in English and Spanish, and you're going to answer them in Spanish, okay?" I shift towards him.

"Okay,"

"What is your name?"

"Hace sol." He smiles confidently.

"No. You just said it's sunny outside. You'd wanna say, 'Me llamo es Hayes',"

"Oh," his face drops.

"That's okay, though." I give him a reassuring smile.

So much for sleeping during the flight.

***********

I literally got no sleep for the six hour flight, I ended up becoming Hayes's math, history, and Spanish tutor.

Nash slept the entire fucking time, not even bothering to try and help, and I'm pretty positive he knew I was exhausted.

What a douche bag.

So, now I'm in Arizona, the last place I wanna be right now, and I'm so tired I can barely walk.

Dad was supposed to pick us up ten minutes ago, but traffic is really bad, so he won't be here for at least an hour.

Basically, I'm starving and half asleep in the Phoenix airport, guarding the luggage, while my brothers meet their fans.

I slouch in my chair and try my absolute hardest to stay awake, but I can't take it, and I rest my arms on the table, put my head down, and get some much-needed sleep.

"Liv," someone shakes me awake.

"What?" I open my eyes, to reveal I'm inside a bedroom, but I have no clue where.

"Dad and Nila want you to come eat," Nash chuckles at me.

"Oh. What time is it?" I rub my eyes.

"Seven. They just ordered Chinese food, but I made sure they got your favorite," he pokes my arm.

"Thanks," I smile.

"Hayes was telling Nila about how smart you were, and she thought it was so cute how he bragged about you," He chuckles, "Dad's super excited to see you,"

That's a first.

"Cool," I fake smile.

"Just give him some time; you're both too stubborn to realize that you're fighting over nothing. You're exactly like him,"

"I am not," I hit his arm.

"Let's eat," Nash stands up by the bed, and I stand on the bed and jump on his back.

"I haven't been in this house yet, so someone will need to give me a tour," I laugh a little.

"Hey, Liv!" Thomas, Nila's seventeen-year-old son, hugs me as Nash sets me on my feet in the kitchen.

"Hey, Thomas," I smile and hug him back.

I greet Nila with a hello and a hug, then it's Dad's turn.

"Hey, honey," Dad pulls me into a nice, not awkward, hug.

"Hi, Dad," I smile.

We all catch up over Chinese food, and Dad surprisingly asks about what I've been up to.

"Well, I've been super busy with basketball and schoolwork," I laugh a little.

"How's your team?" He suddenly takes interest in what I do.

"We've played seven games so far, and won all of them," I smile.

"That's great to hear, Liv," he smiles warmly at me.

It feels like he cares, and that's all I've ever wanted.

After we eat, I go to the room that I share with Nash, and I go to bed; the plane ride took its toll on me, that's for sure.

Maybe, just maybe, this trip won't be as horrible as I thought it would be.