Dress Up

summary: logan plays dress up with his favorite characters

word count: 552

i wrote this all the way back in july, i've been reluctant to post it bc i feel like it isn't good enough but this book is so close to 10k and 100 parts so i decided it was time for some logan appreciation :) (btw, if you want a real ship, ig moceit and logince, it mainly just centers around logan :))

tw// none :))

~~~~

"I'm so excited! I can't wait to see Scooby!" Patton squealed. His son Logan rolled his eyes and sunk farther into his chair. "I want to go home." Janus nudged the six year old playfully. "Come on, maybe you'll enjoy it. You like mysteries, right?" Logan shrugged and stared at the movie screen grumpily.

~~like a week later bc i'm lazy~~

Patton came down the stairs and furrowed his eyebrows at his son who was, uncharacteristically glued to the TV screen. Logan, wearing an orange turtleneck, was sat in front of the screen and taking notes on Scooby Doo. Patton smiled, slightly confused, and went to the kitchen to his husband. "Guess Lolo really liked Scooby Doo, huh?" Janus snorted. "He fell in love with Velma, now he's convinced they're twins. He wanted to know her ways so he's taking notes." Patton giggled and glanced at his son again. "Well, I'm glad he can relate to someone."

~~~~

Janus glanced at his 14 year old son, Logan, as he entered the living room. Janus looked back to his show. "What are you watching?" Janus smiled. "Have you read the Sherlock stories?" Logan shook his head and sat down curiously. "I haven't had the time. Is that what this is?" Janus nodded. "It's a show based on the original novels. Here, you stay here and watch it, while I go to the kitchen and make lunch. Yeah?" Logan nodded and focused on the screen.

~~week later~~

"Logan! Dinner's ready!" Patton called out. Logan came in moments later, wearing a scarf and a deerstalker. Patton looked from Logan to Janus questioningly. "Sherlock Holmes." Patton nodded and handed Logan his plate. "The game is on." Logan whispered then left to the dining room.

~~~~

Logan rolled his eyes at his roommate's excitement. "I finally got Animal Crossing!" "And why is this of importance to me, Roman?" Roman huffed and sat down next to the 24 year old. "Well maybe you'd be more interested if you actually played it." Roman got an idea and smirked. "You'd understand more slang and pop culture. It probably wouldn't be that hard to understand what Virgil and I are talking about all the time." Logan sighed, "I'm not going to understand your references regardless of if I play your game or not."

Roman thought for a minute, brightening at his new idea and quickly searching for the character he had in mind. Logan flinched when Roman shoved the phone in his face. Knowing Roman wouldn't move until Logan inspected the image, he decided to humor him and scan over the phone screen. 

His pupils nearly dilated as he stared at the character for longer. "How can I acquire this character?" Roman knew he had him locked in, "Well, he's a Smug cat so he's pretty rare. You really need to please him to get him on your island." Logan hummed. "It's called Animal Crossing: New Horizons?" Roman nodded. Logan leaned in closer. "Tell me more."

~~~~

Patton excitedly answered the door, Logan had let them know that he would be visiting for a bit that day. "Hey kiddo! What-" Patton looked at his son's clothes. He wore a grey vest over a white long sleeve button-up. Patton looked to Janus who just shrugged. Logan's roommate, Roman, popped out from behind him and grinned. "Logan is the embodiment of Raymond."

~~~~

i've never played animal crossing but it was fun to research stuff for this and write about it as if anything i said was genuinely correct. one lil fun fact, raymond and velma are both intp's like logan and even though sherlock is an intj, i thought of that as logan's teenager phase where he aspired to be more like sherlock instead of himself (bc, ya know, i'm an intp and i definitely relate :)) hope you enjoyed, love y'all, stay safe, buh bye!!

1/16/21