Say Something | Intrulogical

summary: logan confesses his feelings for remus, remus doesn't say anything, and so logan takes it as a bad sign. but maybe remus can still get him back.

word count: 875

this is based on the high school au by @//oneletteredwonder and @//s.k.cosplay on tiktok, i can't take full credit for this one-shot as it's basically their au word for word lol. just give them a follow if you can; their cosplays are amazing :))

tw/cw// yelling, sad logan, sad remus, that's it :))

~~~~

Ever since he met the logical boy, Remus had been...intrigued. Logan understood Remus, he answered his questions honestly, and he didn't gross out at Remus's random thoughts. They'd both study together after school, either one or the other inevitably falling asleep at some point. Remus lived for these moments together, especially when he got to watch Logan's calm expression as he was passed out on Remus's shoulder.

Remus tried using pick-up lines on the boy, just as a joke...not for anything else. But Logan would take the lines too literally and would completely miss the meaning behind them.

Out of all of their time together, Logan's usually expressionless face and monotone voice (except on the rare occasions in which Remus made him smile) made it impossible to believe that Logan saw him as nothing more than an acquaintance, at most a friend. But here Logan was, confessing his feelings for Remus and asking him on a date. And all the trash boy could do was stare back with furrowed eyebrows. 

Logan's hopeful face slowly fell to a frown; he looked down in an attempt to cover up his feelings. "I see. It's okay, um, I apologize, and I'll...see you tomorrow." He walked away with a sad smile, Remus went to stop him, but he pulled back before Logan could notice. 

Roman found Remus in the same spot a few minutes later, still deep in thought. "Remus? Are you okay?" Remus looked up and nodded. "Yeah, it's just that Logan told me he likes me." "That's good, right? You like him too." Remus became flustered and shook his head frantically. "What?! No, th-that's not the point! How could someone like Logan like someone like me? I mean, he's amazing, and he's a scholar; I'm just me."

Remus pulled his snapback cap off of his head and stared at the ground frustratedly. "Well, what did you say to him?" Roman asked softly. "I didn't say anything! I was too freaked out." Roman sighed at his brother's stupidity. "You realize that he probably thinks you rejected him now." Remus rolled his eyes. "I didn't reject him; why would I do something like that?" "You didn't say anything! He probably thinks he ruined your friendship now."

Remus's eyes widened in realization before running a stressed hand through his hair. "I-I didn't mean to say nothing, to make him feel like that. I would take it all back if I could." Roman placed a hand on Remus's shoulder. "Then go talk to him." Remus weakly nodded and put the cap back on his head.

~~~~

Logan felt his heart sink as he stared at the pages that were still open on his laptop. He'd never had a crush before; he had to research his feelings before he could know what it was for sure. He deleted the tabs; '50 signs you're head over heels for someone', 'How to tell your crush that you like them', 'How to ask someone on a date', it was all useless now. All Logan had to do now was move on, forget about his crush. He needed to focus on school. 

He adjusted his notebook and began adding more information to his notes, focusing as hard as possible on chemistry. Chemistry reminded him of past science experiments, tests he'd done out of curiosity, tests he'd done with Remus. Logan slammed his book shut and pulled himself from his thoughts. How was he going to get over him if he was constantly thinking about him? 

Logan shook his head and packed his things away in his backpack; he always had to carry his textbook in his arms since there wasn't enough space in his bag, but he didn't mind. Logan's body language was awkward enough as is, but having his arms hang limply at his sides without anything to fidget with would make it even weirder.

The nerd sighed and walked out of the library, stopping when he heard a familiar voice call out to him. 'Remus, what could he possibly have to say to me? Can't we move on?' Logan thought bitterly. He turned to face Remus, who looked nervous and upset. "Logan, I'm...I'm sorry. The way I reacted wasn't your fault at all; I was just shocked and a little scared. It's just that I didn't know you felt that way for me, and I thought that'd be impossible. So when you said that, I thought you must've been playing a prank on me. I never wanted to hurt your feelings; I actually like you too. But I've probably messed that up now, didn't I?"

Logan let a small smile slip on his face and shook his head as Remus finished his rant. "You didn't ruin anything." Remus smiled as well, nervously chuckling and looking down at the ground. "O-Okay, so where do we go from here? Do we go slow or fast? Do we move into this like Sonic? Because while going fast can be fun, slow relationships are better. What about kissing? Am I kissing you, you kiss me? How is this working-" Logan rolled his eyes and pulled Remus closer, pressing a soft kiss to his lips. He pulled back with a smirk, seeing Remus's flushed face. "I- That works too."

~~~~

I have been heavily invested in one's and sophie's accounts for months now; it was just a matter of time before i shared their stuff everywhere else fkhsdjfd. anywho, i hope you all enjoyed, again i technically cannot take full credit for this as the series isn't mine, i just posted this bc i wanted to get the word out that this series is amazing lmao. love you all, stay safe, buh bye!!

3/13/21