Coming Out | Logicality

summary: logan is trans and he's scared to come out to his boyfriend, fearing he may be transphobic or straight. his brothers convince him to come out to him anyways.

word count: 993

okayokayokay so i just really love logan having best bros roman and remus, have you noticed yet skdhfksdjf also there is a mini rant in my end a/n but it's really just a reader apprieciation bc i love you all so much sjdfhksdf T-T (also, that awkward moment when you start crying while watching the first ten minutes of encanto bc you relate a little too much 🤪 /hj)

tw/cw// mention of dysphoria, crying, sad logan, sad patton, coming out, that should be it :))

~~~~

Logan frowned at himself in the mirror, dysphoria and anxiety causing him to fixate on his "imperfections." His brothers, Roman and Remus, came up behind him, running their hands through his hair. "What's up, buddy? You liking the new haircut?" Remus asked. Logan sighed and leaned on his hands as they gripped the counter around the bathroom sink. "I don't know how Patton will take it. I- He's straight. We've never even really talked about the LGBTQ community before so I don't know where he stands, I'm just...scared."

The boy looked up at his brothers, the two surprised to see tears building up in his eyes. "What if he doesn't like me anymore and he friendzones me? Or what if he's transphobic and he never talks to me ever again? Oh god, he might." Logan fell to his knees, quietly sobbing to himself. Roman and Remus sat on the floor, comforting him while having a silent, mental conversation. "Logan, look at me please." He looked up at Roman reluctantly, eyes red and puffy.

"You're a very handsome and talented individual, Lo. I highly doubt Patton would let you of all people go over a dumb reason like that. If he did happen to, he'd be lying to himself because everyone can tell how in love with you that boy is. He'd go to the ends of the earth if you asked him to, you have him wrapped around your finger." Logan gave a half-hearted chuckle. "He's in love with you, devoted to you. He won't leave you over this. He'll love you even more, got it?"

Despite nodding, Logan still held onto a portion of his doubt. "What if he doesn't? I can't control his sexuality, neither can he." Roman sighed as Remus took over the conversation. "In the rare occassion that that happens, you'll find a man worthy of you some day, I promise. You deserve the world, Lo. If Patton doesn't give that to you, I'll beat him up." Remus said with a grin, telling Logan he was only half serious.

For the last time, Logan nodded, ready to confront Patton now.

~~~~

Logan's hands were shaking as he arrived in the cafeteria that morning. He sat beside Patton, the boy having not even noticed him since he didn't recognize him. Patton gasped and smiled brightly, hugging his partner tightly. "I didn't even notice you! You cut your hair, it's so short!" Logan nervously nodded, staring down at his shaky hands. Patton noticed his discomfort, bring a gentle hand to his. "Hey, it's okay. It looks nice on you. You look amazing and beautiful, as always." He smiled comfortingly.

With a shaky breath, Logan finally made eye contact with his boyfriend. "I have something to tell you, Patt." Patton nodded, urging him to go on. "I know you're my boyfriend, and you're my best friend in the whole world, Patt. That's why I need to share this with you, so you can make a fair decision for yourself. However you react won't hurt me, I want you to be comfortable and happy, even if you don't want me there."

Patton stared, now highly concerned at the tone in Logan's voice. "I-I'm a boy. I'm trans, my name is Logan. I use h-he/him pronouns, and I'd love to be your boyfriend if you'd like me to." The other boy sat quietly for a moment. "Logan?" He repeated quietly, Logan nodded. "Um, okay, Logan. I still very much love you, got that? This is...a change, I honestly didn't know this kind of thing really happened. But I-I'm willing to learn, for you. Because you're the love of my life. If that means I have to rethink my sexuality, or anything else, I will. I just want to be with you, I want to support you as much as possible. Does that sound good to you?" 

Logan wiped at the tears in his eyes. "S-So you're not mad?" "Of course not, love. I fully accept you and I'll try to learn more about this for you. I love you so much." Logan, still emotional, pulled himself into Patton's chest, crying into his shirt as the taller boy rubbed his back soothingly.

~~kinda bonus~~

As the two attended pride a year and a half later, Logan painted a trans flag and a gay flag on his cheeks. Patton stared into the mirror, glancing down at his cheeks briefly before staring down at the sink again. He hadn't fully come out to anyone yet, not even Logan.

After Logan came out, and Patton still loved him despite being a man, he thought long and hard about his sexuality. About whether or not he was attracted to men, if he could even find a label that matched his identity. He stumbled across two that he felt truely connected to about a month ago, but didn't tell anyone. 'How did Logan even do this? This is so difficult.' His hands were shaking as his mind raced. He knew Logan would be accepting, it was just so nervewracking.

"Patt! Are you okay? You've been in there for twenty minutes. Just draw the rainbow flag if anything, it's pretty universal." Patton gulped and slowly opened the door, reluctantly exiting. "Finally, now we can leave. I'm- Wait. Are those- Did you paint..." Logan trailed off, inspecting the flags on Patton's face as the taller boy stared down in embarassment.

"Patton, are you...genderfluid and pansexual?" Patton messed with his hands, nodding nervously. Logan softly nodded, cupping his partner's face. "Okay, and what pronouns do I use for you today, hun?" Patton bit his lip. "He/him." Logan smiled confortingly, pulling his partner into a tight hug. "I'm so proud of you, love. Thank you for telling me. Do you still want to go today?" Patton nodded. "Okay, let's go then, yeah?" Patton nodded once more, following his boyfriend out of the door, feeling a lot more confident in his identity now that it was out there.

~~~~

idk skdhfklsjd i just like trans logan rights :,) i'm also so tired from school and i'm disappointed in myself bc my physics grade dropped from an a to a c and i can't change it anymore bc friday was the last day of the semester, i just hope they'll average my first quarter-mester grade with this past one so it'll turn out as a b or something (and there's a project i haven't turned it that was supposed to be my final so it's just not my semester at all :,)) but writing this really did make me feel better bc i love you guys so much and you really make my day with your comments, your votes, even just reading it. you make everything so much better so thank you guys for that :)) i hope you all enjoyed, love you all, stay safe, buh bye!!

12/12/21