Tonight, You Belong To Me | Moxiety

summary: patton is moving away and spends the night with virgil as a last goodbye

word count: 504

ahaha very sad :D (also, i've been obsessed with crankgameplays for some reason recently, i guess it's the nostalgia akfdhj since this song reminds me of him, i decided to write this :))

tw/cw// sadness, tears, a lot of pain :D

~~~~

Virgil felt as if his ears were ringing. "What?" Patton stared at him sympathetically. "I'm moving, Virgil. I didn't want to, I tried to talk my mom out of it but she just-" Patton took a deep breath before he got worked up again. "It's final, no getting out of it."

Virgil pursed his lips, trying to keep the tears back. The first time he found someone that genuinely cared about him, that loved him, and he's losing him. "When do you leave?" Patton hesitated. "T-Tomorrow. My mom said I could stay the night at your house, but I have to be back home tomorrow."

Virgil nodded. "Okay, then. Let's make the most of our night." Patton sighed. "Virge, you haven't gotten much sleep recently; you need to sleep." Virgil shook his head, staring down at his black sheets. "I only have a few hours left with you, and I'm spending it wisely."

Patton smiled sadly. "Virgie, we spent all day together, doesn't that count for something?" "No, because I didn't know it was my last day with you." Virgil's voice cracked, he forced himself to calm down, 'Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.'

The peppy boy stood up from the bed and grabbed his boyfriend's ukelele before sitting back down. 

"I know you belong to somebody new, but tonight you belong to me." Patton sang softly. Virgil looked up as Patton rested against the wall, gesturing for Virgil to sit beside him. The emo scooted closer and rested his head on his boyfriend's shoulder. Patton adjusted and resumed singing.

"Although we're apart, you're a part of my heart. And tonight, you belong to me. Wait down by the stream; how sweet it will seem. Once more just to dream, in the moonlight." Patton paused, glancing at a picture Virgil had on his nightstand. One of their first dates. 

"My honey, I know, with the dawn that you will be gone. But tonight, you belong to me. Wait down, wait down along the stream, how very, very sweet it will seem. Once more, just to dream, in the silvery moonlight. My honey, I know, with the dawn that you will be gone. But tonight, you belong to me. Just to little old me."

Patton ended the song, sighing sadly. He glanced down at Virgil, who had fallen asleep. Patton smiled down at him before gently moving him down in a more comfortable position. The usually bubbly boy decided to fall asleep cuddling his boyfriend, spending his last few hours in the city he grew up in by his boyfriend's side.

~~~~

Virgil woke up the following day, forgetting the events of yesterday. Once he remembered, it all hit him like a ton of bricks. Patton was gone; he'd left without Virgil knowing. Virgil whimpered in his half-awake state as tears sprang to his eyes. He spotted something on his bedside table, slowly grabbing it. It was a light blue sweater, a sweater Patton frequently wore. 

'Although we're apart, you're a part of my heart.'

~~~~

very short, hope you enjoyed :)) love you all, stay safe, buh bye!!

5/22/21