The Guy I'm Into | Analogical (BMC AU)

summary: virgil's gotten everyone around him squipped, the one person he cares about most as well. even after he fixes the problem, the two need to talk it out.

word count: 641

idk about that summary but it's just a bmc au (but like those ones where michael and jeremy get together) i despise boyf riends but i like this one :)) (also ignore the fact that i did a bmc au a while ago with patton as the friend and roman as the love interest, she doesn't exist, we don't know her :D)

tw/cw// sad virgil and logan, SQUIP, mention of virgil being mean to logan, slight mention of bullying ig, that should be it :))

~~~~

As the squipped students surrounded Virgil and Logan, the emo boy attempted to keep his nerdy best friend safe, his efforts fruitless as the crowd pulled Logan in with them. Virgil gripped his head tightly, feeling his SQUIP pounding against his skull, before dashing for the near-empty bottle of Mountain Dew Code Red. He unscrewed the top and put the bottle to his lips, stopping in momentary shock as the SQUIP yelled, 'wait!'

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, Virgil." The SQUIP warned. 

The darkly dressed teenager rolled his eyes. "Why not? Because you'll ruin my life? News flash, you already did. You made me turn against my best friend, you forced me to date someone I didn't even like, and you made me into a huge jerk! There's nothing more you can do to ruin me; I already did that to myself when I bought that dumb pill."

The SQUIP sighed, "If you drink that, then you'll never be with him." It gestured to the students as they separated from each other, revealing Logan, who scanned himself over. He suddenly looked up, his posture relaxing at the sight of Virgil.

Virgil gasped as he took notice of Logan's eyes, shining an unnatural bright blue. "Virgil." He said breathlessly with a small smile on his face. "I want to be with you for the rest of my life. I know I've been afraid to say anything before but I really like you romantically."

Shaking his head, Virgil's thoughts bounced around. The SQUIP forced him to date Valerie because his social status would go down if everyone knew he was gay. His feelings for Logan were suppressed by the SQUIP; so why would it openly use Logan now? "That is not Logan!" He shouted at the computer figment.

"It is! His fears have just been removed. He'll do anything you say." The SQUIP exclaimed back, desperation in his voice.

Logan approached Virgil and placed a hand on his face, the latter's face heating up quickly. "I want to be with you more than anything. What do you say?"

Virgil gulped nervously, glancing at Logan's lips. Everything he's ever wanted could be his in a second, all he had to do was not drink the Mountain Dew. He held the drink out to Logan, softly whispering, "Drink this."

Logan takes hold of the drink and downs the last few drops.

~~~~

Once Logan returned to school, he knew Virgil would be waiting for him. It'd been a week since the incident and his parents wanted him to stay home to make sure he was okay. He didn't remember much, since his SQUIP lasted for about three minutes. But he did remember getting really close to Virgil. Insanely close.

He walked through the halls, glancing at Roman and Remus, who gave him slightly apologetic nods. They'd been under the SQUIP's influence the longest, both bullying him relentlessly throughout high school, both were grateful to finally be free after three years.

He passed some girls that used to spread rumors about him, send him kind smiles that told him they were sorry.

As he made it to his locker, he noticed Virgil waiting there for him, nervously fidgeting with his jacket zipper. When the emo boy spotted him, he rushed forward to hug him. "You're not a loser, you're my best friend and I love you more than anything. I'm really sorry, I swear."

They separated and Logan stared at his best friend sadly. "Virgil, I'd like to be completely transparent with you." He said shakily. "I have developed feelings for you. Even though you might not like me the same way, I hope we can still stay friends because I can't bear the thought of losing you."

Virgil placed a soft hand on Logan's cheek, smiling softly. "I have feelings for you too."

~~~~

okayokayokay so my friend kinda got me ranting about bmc yesterday so i wanted to write this fjshdks T-T i also LIVE for angst, i need more of it rn, i might just rewatch the maze runner series and tasm to feel some sadness fjshdfk :,) anywho, hope y'all enjoyed, love you all, stay safe, buh bye!!

2/19/22