Heather | Demus

summary: he has a huge crush on him, but his crush is crushing on heather

word count: 424

really short and based on heather by conan grey without the whole sweater thing :))

tw// sad gays, heartbreak

~~~~

Remus always joked with Janus in English class, it was the highlight of his day. After all, it was the only class where Janus and Remus got to be alone together. But there was a downside, her name was Heather. She always flirted with Janus, going so far as to steal his beanie once in an attempt to seem attractive.

Remus always appreciated Janus's aesthetic: he wore dark beanies over his middle-parted bushy hair, white collar button ups under his band tees, black skinny jeans, and vans. He was the very definition of e-boy, which was great for Remus's aesthetic, but Janus always seemed entranced with Heather, his eyes following her every move, watching as she walked back to her desk. Remus felt sick as he stared at Heather, 'What does she have that I don't? Am I not pretty? Janus told me I looked amazing every day, was that a lie? Is Heather better? I wish I were Heather.'

~~~~

Janus chuckled as Remus went on his rant, as usual. Janus couldn't tear his eyes off of Remus's makeup. He usually wore his usual black pleated skirt, long sleeve fishnet shirt under his tattered crop top, his thigh high striped socks with knee high boots, it always made him look amazing.

But today, Remus decided to wear thick, sharp eyeliner, three smaller spikes under his eye, other eyeshadow colors complimenting his features beautifully. Janus wasn't an expert on makeup but he could definitely say Remus's makeup was on an ethereal level that most beauty gurus could only wish to pull off.

"Hey, Janny." Janus fought the urge to roll his eyes and greeted Heather the way he normally would. She tried to invite him over to her house after school but he refused, deciding to spend the day with Remus instead.

Janus glanced at Remus and felt a small crack appear on his heart as he noticed he was watching Heather walk away. Remus had told Janus once that he was pan, so it was easy to believe he had a crush on Heather. There were times when Remus would constantly bring her up, "What do you think of her?" or "Don't you think she's the prettiest person here?", it was heartbreaking for Janus. Janus looked back at Heather and studied her, what did she have that he didn't? Why did Remus have such a fascination with her when Janus was trying so hard in front of him?

'I'm just not as pretty, Remus could never love me. I wish I were Heather.'

~~~~

okay okay hear me out, i was writing a moxiety fic and hey man i got to almost 2000 words, but then i didn't like where it was going and i deleted the whole thing. so believe me, i was working all day yesterday bc the original post was not great so i started writing moxiety but then it was nasty so yeah have this sad demus :)) anywho, love you all, hope you enjoyed, stay safe, buh bye!!

9/13/20